Skip the Line: Private Vatican and Sistine Chapel Tour for Kids and Families
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Meet your private guide near Vatican City. With your guide, you'll get to bypass the long queues at the entrance of the Vatican Museums. You may secure your luggage and umbrellas in the Vatican cloakroom.
Once out of the cloakroom, you will begin your visit of the collections. Kids will play games and win prizes while exploring Vatican artwork. You will see brilliant Greek and Roman sculptures and the sarcophagi of Empress Helena and Constantina, the mother and daughter of Constantine the Great.
Your tour continues to the Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of the Tapestries, Sobieski Hall, and the colorful Raphael's Rooms.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Citta del Vaticano 1, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will then reach the Sistine Chapel, the venue for papal elections and one of Italy’s most visited sites. You will view Michelangelo's 'The Last Judgment' and listen to stories from the Bible, including the creation of Adam.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza di San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After the museum, you will enter the grandest church on earth, Saint Peter’s Basilica.
The best way to learn is by playing. Your family will have a lot of fun teaming up to solve quizzes, answer trivia, engage in scavenger hunts, and many more captivating games during the tour. Your local guide for children and families will fully-customize your tour and make it unique. Children will actively participate in the visit and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro), Vatican City Italy
Your tour will end in Saint Peter's Square next to the taxi and bus station.
- Top-rated local guide specialized in working with kids
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Skip the line access to St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Passport name, number, expiration date and country are required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour is not suitable for kids under 5 years of age
- Please note that the entrance fees to the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel are non-refundable in case of cancellation
- If you want to arrange for hotel pickup please contact your supplier before the tour at reasonable extra cost
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Our guide was Rossella and she was wonderful! She studies art history and is a devoted, passionate, knowledgeable and personable guide. She is also a real pro at navigating your small group through the throbbing crowds. We were a family of 4 with 2 teenaged boys (one with Autism, thus the need for a private tour) and our experience couldn't have been better. Highly recommend this tour and in the end it is a good value!
It was a very hot day. I booked the family one for my kids and it didn’t keep there attention. I would have liked more of a kid friendly tour. It was very hot and the guide talked way to much.
Our group of 11 family members with 4 granddaughters ages 5-8 thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Our guide, Allesandra was wonderful and engaging with the children. She also provided many facts and answers for the adults in our group. The no waiting in line quick access to the Vatican museums was great as there were huge lines of people waiting to enter.
We needed a tour that would capture our children’s imagination and concentration (they are 8 and 12) but also inform and educate all of us. Giulia was absolutely fantastic in providing the perfect balance in this regard and we would recommend this tour to anyone of any age.
This was an awesome tour. Maria was our guide and again she was awesome. She was waiting for us at the assigned meeting location which was provided to us with a photo in advance. She spoke excellent English, she engaged the kids in our group, had a vast amount of knowledge about what we were seeing and shared it with our group in an interesting manner. We would highly recommend this excursion to anyone wanting to see the Vatican without waiting in line and with getting the most out of what you are seeing by having someone explain it all to you. The Sistine Chapel is absolutely amazing as was the Vatican Museum and St Peter's Basilica.