Skip-the-Line Tour and Tickets : Colosseum, Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a tour that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Learn about the amphitheater's history from a guide with an art and archaeology background.
Learn about the spectacular games and bloody battles that were held inside. Hear about the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories of sea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
You will then, visit the Roman Forum. This is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world with some of Ancient Rome's most evocative ruins, including the Temple of Julius Caesar, Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House and Basilica of Maxentius. Admire the Roman Forum's Sacred Way, the triumphal road where the Centurions of Caesar marched after their return from countless battles and conquests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After you walk through Palatine Hill, explore the site of an older settlement from the 9th century BC.
Admire the incredible frescoes in the House of Augustus and the Hippodrome, an elliptical sunken garden from the Palace of Domitian. Here, enjoy an impressive view of the Circus Maximus and the valley of the Roman Forum. Learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus, the abandoned brothers raised by a wolf who fought each other for power and control.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After your Ancient Rome guided tour, take a little break and then reach by your own our office near the Vatican City; locate din via delle Grazie 4.
Once here and after your check-in, get prepared to start your exeperience inside the Vatican Musuem starting with a short introduction on the Vatican City and Vatican History
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Taking a spectacular big spiral staircase you will be introduced to the impressive greatness of the Vatican Museum.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Pass by the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographer in 1581.
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Citta del Vaticano 1, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza di San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- To attend the tour is strictly necessary to be up at the meeting point 30-minutes prior your tour departure time. If you arrive at tour departure time or later is not possible to join the group and you can't have a refund.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Infant under 6 free.
- For the Colosseum guided group tour the meeting point is at the Tour in the City Agency, Via della Polveriera n°11.
- PLEASE NOTE: You cannot get into the Colosseum with large bags, backpacks or suitcases. It is possible to take small bags only. The Colosseum does not provide a bag check, so you cannot carry this kind of article inside the Colosseum.
- PLEASE NOTE: Selfie sticks cannot be used inside the Colosseum for security reasons.
- PLEASE NOTE: Colosseum group tour is not Wheelchair accessible
- For the Vatican Museum guided group tour the meeting point is at Traveling Tours Agency, Via delle Grazie 4.
- PLEASE NOTE: A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Your tickets will be held by the guide for collection on the day of the tour. You will be required to present this voucher. If you have purchased a discounted option you will be asked to show a photo ID or your ISIC Card in exchange for your tickets.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
My family really enjoyed this tour, despite the rainy weather. Both starting points of the tour were easily accessible by metro and located close to the attractions. The Colosseum tour was shorter than I expected it to be, but very informative. The Vatican Museum tour was much longer—comfortable shoes are definitely required. But still very enjoyable. I recommend this tour for anyone with limited time in Rome.