Special Skip-the-Line - Colosseum Ancient Rome and Capitoline Hill Guided Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
Starting from the Capitoline Square, on the Capitoline hill main of the seven Hills, next to the equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius, the only large bronze group to survive from antiquity, this special exclusive guided tour gives you the opportunity to understand and explore some of the nicest spots of Rome. You will learn about the ancient Roman History from the foundation 753 B.C. by Romolo and Remo through the age of Giulio Caesar up to the apex and decline of the Roman Empire.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Living the Capitoline square designed by Michelangelo considered one of the world’s finest public square due to the perfect proportions, walking down the hill through the Forum of Julius Caesar on the original cobblestone of a roman road, over 2000 years old, you will reach the valley of the Roman Forum. In this valley, nowadays a fantastic open-air museum, every man who ruled Rome left a reminder, Triumphal arches, Statues, fountains, Temples, Basilicas, etc.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Leaving the Roman Forum, you will reach the Palatine Hill, a majestic hill towers over the Roman Forum and the Circus Maximus, once the home of emperors and the site of temples, overshadowed by the fame of its next-door neighbor, the Colosseum. Several myths and legends surround this area, the most famous of which depicts the fabled events that led to the founding of the city of Rome.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
No visit to Rome is complete without a thorough exploration of the Amphitheatre Flavium, better known as the Colosseum (or Coliseum). Originally built under Emperor Vespasian, the Colosseum was opened to the public in 80 A.D, here thousands of cruel fights between beasts and slaves took place since then. Gladiators, as the slaves forced to fight were called, had here their moments of glory and, eventually, of death. The tour gives you the chance to understand and see also how the machinery worked, where was the arena and where spectators were seated, the kind of shows and fights that took place in there. From the terrace on the first floor of the Colosseum you will have the chance to admire the majesty of the triumphal Arch of the Emperor Constantine.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- All visitors MUST have a photo ID for the security check
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- As per Colosseum rules, LARGE BAGS - PERFUMES – SPRAY/AEROSOL CANS- WEAPONS – GLASS – ALCOHOL are forbidden. Please note that there is no cloakroom service inside the Colosseum to accommodate the above items.
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
I am not satisfied with the guide's service.
Monica B was very informative. She helped us navigate the truly massive Vatican museum. It was very cold in the museum (not Monica’s fault!) but it’s worth noting that they’re essentially open to the outside air. Dress warm in winter!
-Poorly organized: we arrived at 7:45 as requested only to wait till other people in our tour were done registering / paying. All the people who had not paid yet, were forced to pay cash as the system was down. -The tour guide arrived after 8 am - There were over 30 people in the tour even though we signed up for a tour with 30 people -We did not skip the line, instead we had to wait 40 minutes before the tour began -we were rushed from spot to spot and were left little time to see what was being explained during the tour. We would have been better off going on our own and getting an audio guide. This was not worth our time or money. We were very unsatisfied and Viator should consider dropping this partner as it is only going to damage Viator's reputation.