Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Citta del Vaticano 1, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basilica
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza di San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
St. Peters Basilica
Duration: 40 minutes
- Fully narrated tour
- Expert tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi at the meeting point
- Bathroom access
- Recharging station for your devices
- Important: Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums are NOT included and will be provided by the agency at an additional cost (on the spot)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- Luggage storage NOT available
- Evening tours do not include a visit to St. Peter's Basilica
- Tours departing Wednesday: St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list any affected dates as they become available. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after you enter, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes
- Our tours end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's, or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- We cannot predict when individual museums will be crowded. In general long lines are common at major attractions in summer, on most weekends, and during peak travel periods throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, local holidays). Our skip-the-line tickets (not included in the price) enable you to skip the line if indeed there is one.
- Please note: Raphael Rooms are available only for the first morning tour.
- All students should have their student identity card in order to get the discount for the admission fee.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Important: Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums are NOT included and will be provided by the agency at an additional cost (on the spot). Adults over 18 years old should pay 24,00 euros per person and 6-17 years old should pay 16,00 euros per person.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please be informed that, the The meeting point for English language tours is Via Germanico 8 & the meeting point for Other languages is Via Vespasiano 46a.
This was an excellent tour all together, with a lot to see and cover. I want to particularly thank David our guide who was simply outstanding. We has a baby in a stroller and he helped us all the way, from skipping the queues, to finding some shade, to lifting the stroller with me, to waiting for us when he could. I would not recommend this tour for those with very small kids and strollers as it was constant lifting and running and was so stressful in that respect. But David took a lot of time to explain and demonstrate with photos what we will see and supported us all the way. We lost him in the final part and I looked for him everywhere. I still have a receipt in his name for the audio guides which I hope he could get at some point. Many thanks.
The start of the tour was a little chaotic - the address on the booking letter we received was not correct, and once we found our way to that office were then redirected to the correct offices (meaning that we were almost late for the start). The start was disorganised as many groups milled around waiting for their tour leaders, then once we got inside we had to wait again for other groups and there was a lot of sorting and resorting of tickets. But once we got going it was all worthwhile, though the crowds meant that we shuffled through much of it and at times the heat was stifling. There is a lot to see and three-hours isn't really enough time - so the guide does push you through. But the collections are amazing and the overall experience is awe-inspiring. Visiting the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica is definitely something you have to do.
The Tour was excellent. Our Tour Guide was pleasant, professional and armed with exceptional knowledge . I highly recommend this tour.
Our tour guide Igor S. Was so nice and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend this tour. The Vatican is overwhelming!
The tour started very promising and well organized. Our guide explained that she will not be able to give explanation within St.Peters Cathedral due to catholic holiday, but she would give us detailed explanation before entering the cathedral. First problem was the bad quality of the microfone system (provided by Vatican, they should have enough money to have better/newer ones) with only one earphone (at Colosseum there were two earphones and with that loud noise around it is really better to have two earphones)) and not a good sound quality (the sound was lost after only a short distance to the guide, and it is very easy to loose the contact to the guide with that croud). Also the microphone of our son didn't work after a while. But ok, this is not caused by the tour guide. The guide gave some good explanation until the entrance of the sixtine chapel, until that it was okay. But after the the chapel she brought our group to the entrance of st. Peters Cathedral, gave some little explanation and said this was the end of the tour - after 2 hours!!! (not the ca. 3 hours we have paid for). I have seen some tour guides giving explanation within the Cathedral, other tour guides were wainting outside the cathedral. So I would say: we had a lazy and bored tour guide, really disappointing. My recommendation: don't book this tour!
I was extremely disappointed that after calling and talking to an agent of yours over the phone I ended up having to pay more for our group when I arrived. Your agent told me that everything would be set for us. When I arrived I was hit with more expenses. I was so disappointed.
The tour was scheduled at 10 AM but it started at 11:30 AM because the guide could not resolve the ticket issues for the whole group. She fast forwarded the whole tour in a hurry. Neither did she give any break time nor did she care if there were small children in strollers in the group. She took the headset and did not give any detailed tour for St Peter's Basilica Museum even though it was included in what was paid for. The half day walking tour was completed in just 1 hr 30 mins (at1 PM).
Would choose a better tour agency next time - for the price could have done it myself - tour guide added no value.
The guide was difficult to hear and the ear piece made her sound like a radio not tuned properly. She was knowledge but a bit impatient with some elderly tourists who were at the back of the group and slower.
Eileen, our tour guide, was incredibly knowledgeable, did an amazing job of sheparding our group through the massive crowds, was very punctual, had a great sense of humor, and made the experience everything we hoped for. Definitely recommend the group for its organization. Thank you!
Guide needs to be more fluent in English! Otherwise fairly done well. We loved the explanation of Raphael rooms.
In the voucher wasn't clear the meeting.point and it.was not viator the company to look for so to.find it.among.thousand of companys.offering the same Service was a nightmare.we started.1hour delay.and.was si crowded.that.couldnt enjoy.also you pay for the tour and then you have To pay the entrance.tickets do for a family.of.5.members was almost.300 eur!!
We had an excellent and very knowledgeable, funny guide and really enjoyed the tour. Will definitely recommend it.
Vatican was overloaded with people just pushed along like cattle our guide spoke half Italian English on a English guided tour difficult to understand and hard to see things let alone take photos
Was greatful I booked this package before we live US. Fees is a factor. Although I should have book an accommodation w/in the vicinity to maximize our wake up time. This 3 major sites were the most compelling goose bump experience me and my family had. Added to it was the greatness and a well verse of our tour guide FRANCESCA from NICOM TOURS 10AM batch 10-22-18 she is a HISTORY major by profession and knows all the inner most sensible details of the museum/sistine/basilica. A 3 hour tour was not enough but it seems like she covered the most significant details of the high lights. Even the most significant sites that a must see. The body of the first pope who died and amazingly preserve, I met someone after who was in a different tour and ask if they have seen it and told me their tour guide did not show it. NICOM TOUR should treasure this lady FRANCESCA she is a great asset to your business deserves a pay raise. Im a very happy more than satisfied customer w/ this tour except for the crowd. Tough but FRANCESCA has her system very organize
Easy instructions of where to meet and was the rules were. Our guide was very nice and kept things running quickly and smoothly. Always immensley impressed with the amount of information these guides know! Our guide had a great sense of humor too and kept things lighthearted and fun.
We had to wait in line over an hour to tour the Vatican. I don't know how long people had to stand in line if they didn't have tickets.