Rome Street Food and Wine Tasting Small-Group Walking Tour
This tour will include food and wine tastings, offering you treats such as fried pizza, a selection of salami and ham, pecorino D.O.P., red and white wine D.O.C.G., olive oil D.O.C.G., locally made ice cream and much more. You will experience the "boccacciello" (a portion jar) thanks to a special aperitif we planned to the famous Italian chef Pietro Parisi, expert in the ancient Italian tradition of "food jar".
Your guide will share with you knowledge about all things food and wine, and will also tell you all about the history of Rome. This tour will give you the chance to enjoy a special and breathtaking panoramic view of the Colosseum, Michelangelo's statue of Moses, and a visit of the picturesque stone-paved streets and squares of Rione Monti. You will stroll through streets filled with craft shops, art galleries, restaurants, pubs, and gelaterias where the locals meet.
- Food and wine tastings
- Sodas for children
- Bottle of water
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels
- Vegetarian, vegan, and lactose-free options are available. Please advise any dietary specific requirements prior the tour departure
- Menu changes with the seasons
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Gastronomy, tastings stops, and itinerary may be subject to change to guarantee the best food experience
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The food and wine tour was very enjoyable with plenty to eat and drink. The venues each highlighting a different region were interesting and varied. Our guide Xander was very knowledgeable about the regions which was great. I felt the last three venues were a little rushed given our trip ended almost an hour too early. However, we throughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend it.