Vatican for Kids Private Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will explore the highlights of the Vatican museums, where your kids will be captivated by Emperor Nero’s massive bathtub as well as the actual Mummy housed in the Egyptian museum!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Citta del Vaticano 1, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your next stop will be the breath-taking Sistine Chapel. Your children will be out of world seeing Michelangelo's masterpiece.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza di San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will then visit St Peter’s Basilica, where your guide will continue to entertain you with fascinating information and anecdotes about the Michelangelo's PIetà and Bernini's Baldachin.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Rome Private Guides, 00196 Rome Italy
Enjoy the city with Rome Private Guides
- Professional guide for 3 hours
- Child friendly guide
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant from 0 to 5 years old are free of charge. Kids aged 6 years old and older pay as adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St Peter's Basilica is a Church and as such the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- Please be on time to avoid losing entry and thus missing the tour.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please note that, for disabled visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74%, the Vatican Museums offers free entry that is extended to a companion for visitors who are not self-sufficient. To benefit from this, make sure you mention it at the time of booking so that our staff may handle your request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please make sure you ask the guide any curiosities you may have during the tour, we want to ensure you have the very best experience!
- Please bring comfortable shoes and a refillable water bottle.
- No shorts above the knees, no sleeveless t-shirts are permitted, no big backpacks are allowed, no big umbrellas are permitted, no pointed objects are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Fe was our tour guide and she could not have made it better, unless we got to meet the Pope himself. We had 3 kids with us- 14, 12, and 9 girls. She kept them completely engaged and really catered to them They were asking tons of questions and she was talking to them at a level they really understood. She played both the parents and kids back and forth so everyone could be part of it. She honestly made the tour a complete success for us. We really enjoyed her time and would love to use her again for our next visit. She was that good.
Analisa was very knowledgeable and paid close attention to the kids....Thank you so much for your expertise and fun!
But man was the Vatican packed so at times it was hard to navigate with small children. Our guide was great trying to keep our oldest (5) entertained and engaged in the tour. Was able to answer any question we had.
I loved the tour, Lisa or Alisa I can't remember her name.. She was awesome, she made this experience unique and unforgettable for my son (12) and Daughter (4) She involved them so much they felt comfortable asking question and she was able to answer all of them. My son wanted to see the prior popes were buried and she offered to show us right away. We were able to get holy water and we even got tickets to be part of the pope's audience. I think she went the extra mile to make our experience fabulous. I would recommend this tour and specially with her as a tour guide. Best investment..
There is so much to see at the Vatican that it can easily be overwhelming; but Ilaria strategically toured us through to see the highlights - specifically geared towards our kids (which still took over three hours). She kept our 6 and 9 year old boys interested throughout - which allowed my wife and i the freedom to also enjoy the tour! It's expensive, but worth it.
We booked this tour keeping in mind our 5 yr old daughter who would be having such a experience for the 1st time!AnnaLisa our guide was amazing beyond words. She kept my usually shy girl engaged for 3 full hrs! Telling her the history about the Vatican and the Sisten Chapel in story form! Playing I Spy with her to keep her engrossed and excited,drawing for her! So much so we as parents too had so much fun! AnnaLisa was very informative patient and friendly! My daughter drew her a picture as a thank you in the end! We knew my girl absorbed everything when she was talking to her grandmother and telling her some bad people killed St. Peter and buried him!!! That the pope who is higher than the king lives in the Vatican City! We could not have asked for a better guide than AnnaLisa!!! Highly recommend her!
As a mother of three, it is often difficult to take your children on tours and maintain their interest. However, our tour guide Laura did a wonderful job explaining the history of the Vatican to me and my children. She was very professional and kind to my kids. I would definitely recommend taking this tour again.
Very informative! And the guide was wonderful with the kids.. Did scavenger hunts with them and taught them at very elementary levels and really gave us time to explore without worrying about kids getting bored.