Tauranga Shore Excursion: 6-hour Private Vehicle with Professional Guide
Get a group together, bring the family, or just treat yourself to your own private tour – you won’t be disappointed. Best of all – the vehicle is just for you and you travel at your own pace. Choose your own itinerary or simply get recommendations from our expert guides on the day.
Please remember that the hire is for 6 hours, but you can extend your time with us if you wish. Attraction entry fees aren’t included in the rate, but we are happy to help pre-arrange your itinerary and book your attractions. If you are planning to visit Hobbiton then you will definitely need to book in advance – again we are happy to help with this.
Within your 6 hour tour you could:
• See the natural sights of Rotorua, including the stunning lakes, mountains and forests of the area. Visit the Redwood Forest, see the Blue and Green Lakes and Mt Tarawera.
• Escape the crowds from the ship and explore Tauranga and the surrounding areas. Have a leisurely lunch by the beach or soak up the history and scenery of some of the local gorges.
• Visit Hobbiton (entry fees additional) – the area’s most visited attraction. Here, Tolkein’s Middle Earth is bought to life!
• See the geysers, Maori culture and unique landscapes of Rotorua’s geothermal valley (entry fees may apply).
• Try out some of the other fun attractions Rotorua has to offer. Maybe you want to see Skyline Gondola and Luge, or the famous Agrodome Sheep Show. There’s Rainbow Springs to see native wildlife, or even mudbathing at Hells Gate. Remember attraction entry fees are not included.
• Anything else you fancy! Check with us what is possible in the timeframe so that we can make your day amazing…
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car.
Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
- Professional, knowledgeable and friendly dedicated driver/guide for 6 hours
- Comfortable, air conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees to attractions and activities
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We will allocate the most suitable vehicle for your group size and it won't necessarily be the one illustrated
- All our vehicles are modern, air conditioned and comfortable tour vehicles
- All passengers must have a seat. Children and infants can not travel on adult laps. Please ensure you book the correct size vehicle for your group
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our driver, Russell, was professional from way BEFORE the start to the very end of the excursion. He had to wait almost 2 hours for us with no communication possible from us, as our ship arrived at port 2 hours late stormy night. He was there, with a smile and a sign in hand, in the middle of the crowded and chaotic greeting area. Because of the delayed start, we had to make some quick changes to the itinerary, and I relied on his professionalism to guide us. He managed to get us into Hobbiton he knew the right people to contact, the last available slots, and took us there in time to eat this can be a problem with lines and preparation time at popular attractions, but he allotted enough time. Russell, a former educator, provided loads of historic and anthropological information along the way. He knew of some interesting, quick side stops so we saw the famous NZ honey and a kiwi orchard. He took us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare, even though his was supposed to have been off duty an HOUR earlier. The whole experience was comfortable, stress-free, educational, fun, and worth every cent spent. Russell is the epitome of a professional - a New Zealand national treasure. Thanks!
This was great! We really enjoyed our driver, Russell. He took us where we wanted to go and suggested other places that were lovely.
The whole tour was good and the driver/guide was very knowledgeable and on time. The only drawback was he talked nonstop which we preferred not to do it for the whole trip. We paid one hour extra which we think it was overpriced when compared to the 6 hours of the trip We were glad to have a private tour over joined tour because we had 12 people in our party and it saved time and it was catering to our needs
Keith Ratte our driver was very user friendly We went to the kiwi farm, then to Tte Papa hot springs and Maori cultural show, them to seaside for fish and chips and the. A honey farm A great day out We thoroughly recommend him
We had a great tour with John! He was very knowledgeable about the area and very friendly. We started with a longer drive to the skyline/luge but he had interesting facts and information to share with us on the tour. We also chatted about the upcoming itinerary and made some changes based on having a group with young kids and adults as well as the timing and maximizing our trip and what we got to see. The Skyline/luge was a hit and gave great views of the city and then we were able to stop at some other places and see some interesting/unique sites. Would highly recommend this and seemed reasonably priced for our group size and time.