Maori Hangi and Cultural Performance with 4WD Buggy Adventure in Rotorua
Your journey continues onto a traditional Maori Village which provides an authentic introduction to Maori stories of the past. View the sacred freshwater spring “Fairy Spring” and glowworms in their natural habitat, witness the warriors in traditional dress paddling an ancient warrior canoe in a natural bush setting. Enjoy a traditional earth cooked Hangi feast served from a buffet - have the opportunity to view the succulent Hangi as it’s been uplifted from the earth oven into the ground. The Maori Village experience takes approximately 3 hours.
Please note you can do this Spirit Mountain combo experience across a 48 hour period. (You do not have to do the activities straight after each other). You will need to confirm your preferred departure time and date when you make your booking.
- Dinner - Buffet dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Maori Village Experience only if required)
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide
- Drinks including alcohol (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for 4WD adventure)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Do not miss the 4 WD Buggy Adventure! Great! The whole evening was very interesting, a lot of atmosphere.
James and Calipso lead a wonderful buggy adventure. They were passionate about the history of the area which really brought the history to life. They also took the time to recommend additional sites that we should visit. We then had the Maori performance and dinner which was a do not miss. After the dinner there was a walk to the cold spring and a view of glow worms! Be sure to bring a warm coat. Both can be completed in one day easily but doesn't give you much time to wander.