Runaway Beach Day in Antigua
From your perch, take in the white-sand beach that stretches for a half mile, bordered by coconut palms, sea grape trees and the protected bay. Enjoy 3.5 hours at your leisure to explore the beach and the calm shallow waters.
If you feel like being active, rent small catamarans, kayaks and snorkel gear from the resort. Or simply swim or snorkel in the gentle Caribbean waters with your own equipment. Be sure to bring your towel, swimsuit, sun protection, and a camera to document your morning in paradise! If the sun becomes too strong, large umbrellas are available to rent at your own expense.
If you enjoy walking on the beach, you'll discover peaceful spots flanked by limestone cliffs. You might spy pelicans diving for food or sailboats gliding across the ocean.
Beachside restrooms and freshwater showers are accessible at any time during your visit. If you get hungry, head into the beach bar or restaurant to buy snacks and refreshments. After about 3.5 hours at the beach, meet your taxi for return transport to your starting point.
- Welcome beverage
- Use of lounge chair
- Round-trip shared transfer to Runaway Beach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sports equipment
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended you bring a swimsuit and towel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are less than 4 passengers booked for the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Description of tour totally inaccurate. Nothing to do, no water sports, nothing to rent, no restaurant. Bathrooms disgusting, not a resort, old and run down. Not what I paid for! Will not use this travel site again.
Website inferred a hotel beach location on Dickerson Bay. It wasn't a hotel and it wasn't Dickerson Bay. The beach bar wanted 10 for a 4 hour unbrella rental - exorbitent!
Had a great time beautiful beach!
Beautiful beach, older facility but did the trick. Vendors frequent but not aggressive. Tour staff very nice.
We were taken to a different beach. One of the locals said it was Fort James, and another said it was Miller's Beach, so we don't know which, but it was definitely not Dickenson Bay. When we were dropped off at the location by the taxi driver, the beach guide asked the driver why we were brought there. The guide had to cover up for the driver saying Dickenson Bay was closed due to storm damage. Really? A major tourist site and it was closed? We were never notified of any changes to our itinerary. I think the driver just wanted to save on gas money.