Small-Group World Heritage San Antonio Missions Tour with Guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mission Espada, 10040 Espada Rd, San Antonio, TX 78214-3815
Visit Mission Espada which is the oldest mission, built in 1690.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mission San Juan, 9101 Graf Rd, San Antonio, TX 78214-3625
Head over to Mission San Juan Capistrano which was originally built in East Texas and moved to San Antonio in 1716.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mission Concepcion, 807 Mission Rd, San Antonio, TX 78210-4528
Next, Mission Concepción, which is the best preserved of all the missions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mission San Jose, 6701 San Jose Dr, San Antonio, TX 78214-2715
Lastly, Mission San Jose, the biggest of all the missions, which was built in 1720. This tour is a fun day out-and-about, exploring each mission while the guide paints a picture for you to envision mission life back in the 1800's. Learn why San Antonio was the perfect spot for these missions to strive and what eventually lead to their decline.
Your tour will end back at its original departure point.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Tour guide
- Transportation from the St. Anthony Hotel
- Infant or child car seats
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Each individual must purchase a ticket
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Guest must provide infant seat or car seat for children
- A maximum of 11 people per booking
- Please dress comfortably and according to the weather. The missions are an outside venue.
- The Missions are active parishes and the churches are run by the Catholic Arch Diocese of San Antonio. There may be times when the church is in use and closed to public viewing.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
Our guide was very friendly, accommodating, funny and very knowledgeable. It was a nice experience to learn about the history of these missions.
This was an excellent tour with a great guide,Mel. It was very informative and relaxed. The group members were charming and helped each other. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We are so glad we experienced this amazing historical tour.
Melissa did a great job and was very informative. She was friendly, courteous, humorous and a safe driver. We had a great tour!
Michael was absolutely fantastic! The tour was so informative and it was fascinating to see so much history in just a few hours. This experience is a must do, and so worth the time. Again Michael was so personable and just a great guide and teacher throughout.
We had a very good tour of Spanish missions with Michael. He was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun . Try the tour and hope you get Michael
If you want to learn about the Missions in the San Antonio area, this tour is for you....Fabulous tour guide...7 of us in our group...high recommend this tour
Really enjoyed our tour. Small group 8 and knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide made for a positive experience. Well worth the price - van/bus was newer and clean, water provided, moved at a good pace.