SoCal Riviera Electric Bike Tour of La Jolla and Mount Soledad
The La Jolla Bike Path will take you north, with gorgeous views of the ocean as you roll along. The climb up Mt. Soledad will be the most fun you’ve ever had riding up a mountain, as the other cyclists and drivers watch in disbelief as you cruise up with little effort. At the top you’ll explore the Mt. Soledad Memorial and take in the 360-degree views from San Diego’s highest coastal point. The exhilarating ride down the mountain will take you through little-known and beautiful neighborhoods, perched on the mountainside.
As you head back to the coast the tour will stop at La Jolla Coves to check out the playful California sea lions, dramatic sea caves and tide pools. Follow your guide through La Jolla’s exclusive and luxurious neighborhoods to get the inside scoop.
- Professional tour guide/host
- Powerful electric bike
- Cold bottled water
- Handlebar bag on bike for personal item, free lockers at the tour shop for storage during tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available for an additional charge at select hotels)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Maximum 14 people allowed per booking- for larger groups, call for availability.
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Please wear appropriate shoes for bicycling
- Please alert us if anyone in your party is 5'2" tall or under
- Maximum rider weight is 240 lbs. (Our other tours have higher maximum rider weights)
- MUST be able to ride a bicycle
- This tour requires 2 guests to run- single riders can call to join a tour that is already scheduled.
The bikes were wonderful, the guide friendly and informative. Frequent stops to see the wild life, the scenery and some neighborhoods. Decidedly worth the time and money. The top of Soledad mountain, the coves of La Jolla, the ease of the bikes in handling the terrain and the distance made this memorable. Thank you to our guide who's enthusiasm and energy added that special extra.
Peter was a great guide! Knowledgeable about all the sites and the background of all the neighborhoods we passed through.The bikes were awesome. A much better assist than I expected. Jump on the pedals regardless of how steep the terrain is and you are sailing along up the hill. A lot of fun and a bit of a workout.
We had an absolute blast on this tour. I booked it for my husband and another couple. I was a little nervous that the other couple would not be as adventurous as we are, but I think they loved it even more than we did. We loved seeing the sea lions, homes of some stars, and using the electric feature of the bikes to ride up to the memorial. We still talk about this tour two and a half years later. Highly recommend.
What a fabulous experience and tour! This is the best way to explore the beautiful sights of La Jolla. Ty was our tour guide and he was fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, including flora and fauna. It was the absolute highlight of our trip. If you are considering a tour of La Jolla, this is the best!