3-in-1 Ultimate Bay Area Package: Alcatraz Tour Including Muir Woods and San Francisco City Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Start your tour in the world famous Fisherman's Wharf area bordered by fresh seafood restaurants and amazing views of the bay along the waterfront
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Enjoy a scenic drive through the vibrant, rich in history North Beach neighborhood also known as the San Francisco's Little Italy
Stop At: San Francisco City Hall, 1 Carlton B Goodlett Pl, San Francisco, CA 94102-9991
Enjoy one of the finest examples of classical architecture in the US. San Francisco City Hall located in the city's Civic Center is the seat of government for the City and County of San Francisco. Take some pictures of the dome which is almost a foot taller than the United States Capitol Building.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Union Square, San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94102
Welcome to the vibrant Union Square plaza, the heart of San Francisco, bordered by luxurious boutiques, salons, theaters and the well-know St. Francis hotel
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
(if weather permitting) We will drive you to Twin Peaks where you can enjoy the most stunning 360 degree view of San Francisco
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
Pass the Dragon Gate of the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest Chinese population outside Asia
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
Take a look at the stunning Palace of Fine Arts, a San Francisco historical landmark inspired by Greek and Roman architecture
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Have your cameras ready as we stop at the symbol of San Francisco: the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Ocean Beach, Fulton St & Great Hwy Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA 94121
Enjoy a scenic drive through the Pacific Ocean and the famous Cliff House restaurant perched above the cliffs
Stop At: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
Enjoy a part of the large Golden Gate Park of 1,017 acres which welcome more than 13 million visitors a year
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Venture north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument.
Enjoy solitude and peace, through the cool, moist air, as you stroll through 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Experience the awe and wonder as you are treated through Northern California’s signature fog, while you wander in and out of the Mother Nature’s redwood alleyways.
The canopy of coastal redwoods soaring above will stimulate all of your senses as you journey through a piece of ancient California history. You will never forget the crisp, fresh redwood fragrance that will surround you on your journey to the majestic Muir Woods National Monument.
Entrance fee into Muir Woods included in the tour; Enjoy up to 1.5 hours in Muir Woods is included. (Departure times available at 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Sausalito Boardwalk, Sausalito Yacht Harbor, Sausalito, CA 94965
Lastly, enjoy a scenic drive through the quaint seaside town of Sausalito – a Mediterranean-like village harbored across the San Francisco Bay, famous for its sweeping views, timeless sophistication, local boutiques and cafes. (Add an optional Ferry Ticket to return to San Francisco at your own leisure)
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Known as the Rock, Alcatraz Island is just a 30-minute ferry ride across the bay from the Embarcadero. Now operated by the National Park Service, the island prison was once home to such notorious inmates as Al 'Scarface' Capone and the 'Birdman' Robert Stroud. When you arrive on the island, grab an included headset for the 45-minute Cell house Audio Tour, which guides you through the cell block, cafeteria, and other areas as you listen to stories from the inmates themselves, as well as other residents of the island. You can step inside a prison cell to get a feel for what it was like to be incarcerated there, and enjoy views of the bay, Angel Island, and the San Francisco waterfront.
Your Alcatraz tour is self-guided, 2 hours tour average time, you are welcome to stay longer or shorter; when you're finished, you may return to the city on whichever ferry you wish.
Duration: 2 hours
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcatraz Island ferry ride and Cellhouse Audio Tour (US $39.90 value)
- Complimentary hotel shuttle service provide from San Francisco and SFO Airport-area hotels with advance notice.
- National Park fees
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is to be completed over two days
- Due to popular demand, reservations are required and the order of attractions will be determined after booking
- 45-day advance notice suggested during peak season of May through October
- Alcatraz Cellhouse Audio Tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Alcatraz tickets are for the time and date selected and may not be changed
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Names of each individual passenger are required at time of booking
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes
- Order of activities may change based on availability; season, etc.
- Bus Tour narration operated in English by live guide, with option for Audio Narration in the following languages. 中文, Español, 한국어, Français, 日本語, Deutsche, Italiano - Multi-Language Voice Narration Experience: QR Code Mobile App Feature (Must have mobile data to utilize feature; Wifi not available on motor-coach)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
I loved it .I've been thinking about seeing San Francisco and red woods for years.When I finally made the decision ,my son who in the meantime become a 21 year old college student ,went with me and it become the best vacation we ever had ! San Francisco and Muir Woods are just magical and Alcatraz tour was something I didn't plan on ,but turned out to be incredibly interesting .great combination and very well organized.I recommend wholeheartedly !
Both day's guides were great, Sergio the bus driver for the Muir Woods was hillarious
I would have put 5 stars but our city tour guide was not the greatest. He was all about the arts which is great but didn't do much else. I really wanted to see the Full House house or Mrs Doubtfire house but he doesn't like to do that so saw flowers. Would highly recommend the rest! Had time to enjoy the retreat of the trip! Really made some great memories! Also we got the wine flight and it was amazing! Do this Trip! So worth it!