Monterey Bay Coastal Day Trip from San Francisco with Driver and Transportation
8:40am or 9:00am-11:00am: Scenic drive from San Francisco to Monterey Bay
11:00am-12:00pm: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Guests will be able to wander around the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and see the oldest theme park in California, by the sea.
12:00pm-12:20pm: Scenic drive from Santa Cruz to Cannery Row, Monterey
12:30pm-2:45pm: Monterey Bay Cannery Row & lunch
Monterey Bay Aquarium, whale watching sites and great restaurants await guests for the main portion of the tour.
2:45pm-3:20pm: Scenic drive to Carmel By The Sea
3:20pm-4:30pm: Carmel By The Sea
Guests get to walk through the lively downtown, down to the beach at the bottom of the main strip.
4:30pm-6:30pm: Scenic drive back to San Francisco by way of Highway 1, along the coast.
On the drive back to San Francisco, guests will navigate through major landmarks, such as Moss Landing, Pescadero, Half Moon Bay, Mavericks in Princeton By The Sea and more.
If guests choose to build their own tour, they are more than welcome to choose from a list of destinations along the coast they wish to visit within the allotted time available.
(Time extended over the 9 hours will be $60/hr for a sedan, $75 for an SUV)
Here are some of the locations you can visit:
• Santa Cruz Boardwalk
• Monterey Cannery Row
• Monterey Bay Aquarium
• Chateau Julien Winery
• Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay
• Burrell School Winery, Scotts Valley
• 17 Mile Drive, Monterey
• Pebble Beach Golf resort, Monterey
• Moss Landing
- Transportation from/to destinations as desired (as long as it fits within the schedule)
- Chauffeur (provides moderate narration and not outside of the vehicle)
- Up to 2 bottles of red or white wine
- Entrance fees ($10-$20 entrance and gate fees to aquariums, whale watching, and other privately hosted activities on the wharf)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (standard 20% gratuity added to total gross amount after trip completion)
- Fees for additional time after 9 hours: sedan $60/hr, SUV $75/hr
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age 21
- No infant car seats available
- PLEASE NOTE: CUSTOMERS WITH MOTION SICKNESS, CAR SICKNESS : POSSIBILITY SICKNESS FROM SCENIC TERRAIN DRIVING. SUPPLIER REQUIRES CREDIT CARD ON FILE BEFORE DEPARTURE.
It was a nice day and beautiful drive, but this should not be called a tour. The driver was very nice, but didn't seem to be interested in conversation, questions about the area, etc... He simply wanted to drive us there and back. Sure he would point out things here and there, but I've had many other tour guides that were far more engaging. He also got lost a time or two and at one point I even had to download an app to feel confident we were in the right place and on the right track. My recommendation would be to rent your own car and take this drive yourself. Download the Pebble Beach app, which guides you through all the points of interest and you can take your time to see what you want to see as opposed to being on someone else's timeframe.