Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Guided Bike Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
The bike tour departs from 2661 Taylor Street- and traverses an awesome citywide loop that covers about a dozens neighborhoods and districts- all on flat paths circumnavigating the SF hills. You won't tire out, as you will be riding an electric bike!!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Aquatic Park, 499 Jefferson St San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, San Francisco, CA 94109-1314
Aquatic park, just a few blocks away from Fisherman's Wharf, provides beautiful views of the above Russian Hill, and San Francisco waterfront.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Fort Mason Center, Buchanan Street and Marina Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94123
See the former military fort of Fort Mason as you ride along the National Park Bike Path.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
You will ride past all of the yachts and see the beautiful landscapes and Golden Gate Bridge views Crissy Field has to offer.
Pass By: The Wave Organ, 110 Yacht Road, San Francisco, CA 94129
Listen to the sounds of the oceans as you ride by Crissy Field.
Pass By: Golden Gate Promenade, Marina Blvd. at Baker St. Marina District, San Francisco, CA 94129
Ride past the wetlands and take in the beautiful views
Stop At: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
See the beauty of this 100 year old building. Restored from the 1915 panama pacific expo the palace of fine arts its filled with edwardian charm.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center, Battery East, San Francisco, CA 94129
Last stop for pictures before crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge!
Pass By: Sausalito Boardwalk, Sausalito Yacht Harbor, Sausalito, CA 94965
The up to 3 hour guided bike tour will conclude in downtown Sausalito. Riders can enjoy lunch, see the sights of downtown Sausalito, and if desired return with their bike on the ferry (ferry ticket sold separately.)
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Enjoy the official visit to Alcatraz island, with ferry to and from the island and 2.5 hour audio guided tour of the island. Truly a remarkable experience!
Duration: 3 hours
- Use of bicycle
- Professional Tour Guide
- An insiders ride through San Francisco streets!!
- Official Alcatraz ticket to the Island value $39.90
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Food and drinks
- Optional tour guide gratuity
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable shoes and clothes, water and sunscreen are recommended; dress in layers as weather is likely to change quickly
- Rates are the same for all people ages 5 years and older
- The date you book is the date you will visit Alcatraz Island
- With a reservation, guests will be given a precise Alcatraz departure time; times are published roughly one month to tour date (if booking in advance will be sent in additional emails), Once on the island, guests may leave at any time as ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm.
- The Alcatraz date cannot be adjusted after booking
- All travelers first and last names are required upon booking
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Self-Guided Audio guided tour lasts between 2.5- 3 hours
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- Alcatraz voucher and a valid photo ID for all travelers will be required to pick up your Alcatraz tickets at Pier 33
- Your bike tour will be reserved for the day before your Alcatraz trip.
- Your Guided bike tour starts in Fisherman’s Wharf and takes you along the National Park Bike Path.
- Bike Tour is 9 miles and lasts up to 3 hours
- The bike tour concludes in downtown Sausalito.
- Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- Bike helmets are provided and recommended
The bike tour is definitely a great way to get out of the city and see the real beauty of San Francisco. We had Steve as our tour guide and he taught us loads about the history of SF that you would have to search hard for elsewhere. Our youngest was 10 and needed help up hillls, it’s busy too with other tours but we’ll worth it. Alcatraz audio amazing too.
Such a great combo tour. The bikes really get you in the mood to explore this amazing city. Eli was our guide,he was so nice and so much fun!! So well organised and stress free. Highly recommend!
TheY've wee the highlight pig my wick trip to San Fran. Great way to see the bridge and little towns. The pace of the cycling was appropriate for pretty much anyone including kids. And the tour guide, Steve, was absolutely full of knowledge about the area. Highly recommend this tour.
This tour, in my opinion.... was way overpriced 138.00 a person but it was the only option we had to get to Alcatraz.....EVERYTHING was booked...if you book ahead, like weeks ahead, tickets for Alcatraz are 40.00 and bike rental is 30.00...combined is 70 and this trip was 138.00..The trip to Alcatraz is self guided no tour guide needed, we missed the bike tour, 10 minutes late which worked out fine because they give you a map at the bike shop...They were very helpful there Bay City Bike Rentals Both things Alcatraz and riding over the Golden Gate Bridge were probably the highlight of our trip...it was so cool but you can do both of these on your own and save the 70
Great tour, thank you
What a fantastic tour! Alcatraz was amazing but the bike tour was such a great surprise and so much fun. My husband and I loved the tour, the guide, and everything we saw. It was perfect!
Amazing the bike tour!!
Slightly overpriced but all the trips in San Francisco are because everyone wants to get to see Alcatraz, a good last minute booking option to see Alcatraz, although if you can get a ticket just for Alcatraz sell out months in advance! or find a tour that gets you on the island earlier i'd recommend you go for those options first.
Really good bike tour, get to see a lot of the city. Alcatraz was definitely worth it, the only way we could get Alcatraz tickets was through this combo