Combo Tour: Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Grand City Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94102
Downtown San Francisco
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
San Francisco Chinatown
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Little Italy Neighborhood, Transamerica Pyramid
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
See Pier 39, the famous Fisherman's Wharf sign, and the Embarcadero waterfront
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
Monumental structure built originally for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94129
Park, former U.S. Army military fort
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo Stop at the Golden Gate Bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
See the SF Bay on your drive across the bridge
Stop At: Lands End, Point Lobos Avenue and El Camino del Mar, San Francisco, CA 94121
Beautiful coastal stop at Ocean Beach with rugged cliffs, cypress forest, and views of the Golden Gate Bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
Two identical peaks give this attraction its name. One of the highest peaks in the city, you will have breathtaking 360 degree views of the entire city
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Ferry to Alcatraz Island, walking tour of the prison with award-winning guided "Cell Block Audio Tour"
Duration: 2 hours
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour.
- Narrated Bus Tour of San Francisco
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach
- Hotel Pick-up from select San Francisco hotels (if confirmed with reservations).
- Transportation to Pier 33 Alcatraz Cruise Port after City Tour
- Plenty of stops with Photo opportunities
- Alcatraz Tickets ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Any other services not specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (4) days prior to your departure date.
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Your Alcatraz vouchers / departure time will be available for pick up at 478 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 up to 72-hours prior to your departure date. You are not required to pickup your Alcatraz vouchers prior to your tour departure time, they will be given to you at time of check-in on the date of your tour.
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. Please note, there is a Tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
We were hoping to see Lombard st and the crooked road and a couple of other things. Mostly good though
Great tour. Guide was great and Alcatraz was wonderful. I wish the buses were allowed to go more slowly for picture taking. I was pleased to see that Alcatraz had a tram up the .3 mile climb up to the cell blocks. Very helpful for the injured.
Excellent tour even in the fog. We could not see the Golden gate bridge but by the afternoon it was visible from afar. Tom our driver was excellent. Very knowledgeable of SF. I recommend this for anyone to see the various spots you may not think about.
Alcatraz was amazing and the audio toor exceeed our expectations. The city tour not so much. There was limited reference to historic information. The driver was not very enthousiastic. More stops would have been useful than just driving around most of the time
We only had two full days in the area and taking this tour was so beneficial and time effective. Saw many points of interest in the bus which we then took time the next day to see the ones we were most curious. And it sure beat trying to find parking!
Danilo was our tour guide and he was awesome! His expertise of the area shown through in his tour talk. Just a delightful experience! We also enjoyed the Alcatraz experience with the guided tour of failed escapes and the audio tour of the cell block. Nice place to visit but...
Great visit for all ages. The tours were well done. The boat ride was well managed. My husband thought the cell tour was the most interesting. Everyone was able to purchase something at the store for a souvenir.
We had a great pair of drivers Jim shuttled us from the wharf to the depot and then we had Rob Rob toured us all over the city and have us some great history and fun facts drivers do double duty talk and drive which can be challenging
Had an enjoyable experience. The bus driver and tour guide was very knowledgeable. Value was very good. First time in San Francisco, so received a good overview of the city.
Couldn’t of picked a better day to see the highlights of San Francisco. Weather was amazing so could see everything clearly. Tour guide was excellent very informative.
This was my first city trip via Greyline tours. It was nothing breath taking or speculator.We were a group of four (2 kids and 2 adults). We took this trip so we could stick to a time schedule - just by us it would be near impossible. While we got all the points checked off- it could have been more entertaining if the driver / tour guide was a little more entertaining or interactive. He started off by asking us not to interrupt him.
Trip was great. Well worth it. One bad thing was you catch a bus to go to a downtown location to catch another bus.Driver was great, friendly. Stops were great. Would recommend. Get your tickets ahead of time.
Loved the trip. Was very interesting and would for sure try and do the night tour next time. Would recommend this to anyone.
Great day in the city. We went ahead and got our tickets the day before for Alcatraz and it was very easy to do. The trip was great out and back. Then we headed over to the bus area. It was a bit confusing on where to go but everyone was helpful. We loved our bus driver Joanne. I have a newfound respect for bus drivers in the city. Great time had by all. My teenage daughter said her favorite part of the trip was the bus tour. We saw places we didn't even know where there. We also found out that the fog that rolls into the city has a name and a following on social media. Fun fact!! This is our second time booking through Viator and so far we have had great time and experiences.