Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Scenic drive north over the the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Venture north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument.
Enjoy solitude and peace, through the cool, moist air, as you stroll through 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Experience the awe and wonder as you are treated through Northern California’s signature fog, while you wander in and out of the Mother Nature’s redwood alleyways.
The canopy of coastal redwoods soaring above will stimulate all of your senses as you journey through a piece of ancient California history. You will never forget the crisp, fresh redwood fragrance that will surround you on your journey to the majestic Muir Woods National Monument.
Entrance fee into Muir Woods included in the tour; Enjoy up to 1.5 hours in Muir Woods is included. (Departure times available at 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Sausalito Boardwalk, Sausalito Yacht Harbor, Sausalito, CA 94965
Lastly, enjoy a scenic drive through the quaint seaside town of Sausalito – a Mediterranean-like village harbored across the San Francisco Bay, famous for its sweeping views, timeless sophistication, local boutiques and cafes. (Add an optional Ferry Ticket to return to San Francisco at your own leisure)
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Tour ends at Fisherman's Wharf. Enjoy time to dine for lunch at one of the many seafood restaurants or do some shopping for one-of-a-kind souvenirs. (Leisure time)
- Entrance fee to Muir Woods ($15)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Complimentary hotel shuttle service provided with advance notice for 9:00am, 11:00am & 2:00pm Tours
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Food and drinks
- Pickup is not included for the 4pm departure. Please meet at the supplier's office at 288 Beach St.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Up to 15 passengers per reservation accepted
- Tour itinerary subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic delays, and all other reasons beyond control (Exact sunset timing subject to change day-to-day)
- Confirmed set-time departures available - Tours available at 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm (4:00pm - Available June - Sept)
- Bus Tour narration operated in English by live guide; With Audio Narration in the following languages. 中文, Español, 한국어, Français, 日本語, Deutsche, Italiano - Multi-Language Voice Narration Experience: QR Code Mobile App Feature (Must have mobile data to utilize feature; Wifi not available on motor-coach)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
My wife and I celebrated 15yrs of marriage, and wanted to experience the redwood trees. What a great experience!
Our tour guide Al was very knowledgeable along with clear and concise. Excellent time hugging trees in Muir Woods.
Had a very nice time. Enjoyed the trails and pathways. Driver and tour guide was very knowledgeable and an excellent driver.
This was my favorite tour of our trip! I would have loved to have spent more time there. The trees are majestic and the greenery surrounding them is lush. Charles was friendly and knowledgeable. My one suggestion would be to take the earliest tour possible. Our tour was at 9 am and as we left the park, there was a long line of buses entering. I believe that the enjoyment of the walk would be diminished in a large crowd.
He was humorous, knowledgeable and was a safe driver on the curvy uphill roads. Forest was beautiful and calm. Gift shop and coffee shop was a nice touch for the ride home. Take the ferry in Sausalito if possible for great pictures and memories.
Aaron was great and full of interesting facts. Very easy to book the tour and when we had to make a change they were super nice about it.
We book this tour for our stop in San Francisco on a cruise and we're very happy with both the company and the tour itself. When we book the tour offered hotel pick up we inquired about how we would go about meeting the bus to the woods. Within an hour we had received an email back with directions to the office from the cruise terminal. It was about a 10 minute walk from the location of the ship.We had originally book this tour for 3 individuals but about a week before the tour one member of our party found out that he could no longer attend, so we sent in a request for our reservation to be modified and for a partial refund for him. Within 12 hours we received notification that our reservation was updated and a refund was put on our credit card.When we got on the bus for the tour we're pleasantly surprise that our driver (Willy) gave a tour/information of the city on the way to and from the woods which was about 40 minutes each way. We had about a hour and half at the woods which was enough time for us to do some of the trails and have some time in the gift shop.
Patrick our bus driver and tour guide during the bus ride was awesome! He gave us some extra time to explore Muir woods and it was greatly appreciated!
Driver was awesome pick up and drop offs were on schedule. Woods were beautiful l love getting out in nature.
The bus trip to Muir Woods was nice. The driver shared a lot of interesting facts and stories along the way. I wish the stay in Muir Woods was longer than 90 minutes.