San Francisco All-Day Alcatraz and GoCar Adventure Package
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
This combo deal includes 2 tickets with a face value of $76.70 to Alcatraz Island. They include boat trip over to the island and a multilingual audio tour with a wealth of stories to be learned about the prison and island. Civil War-era buildings dotting the island give insight into the 19th century when the island served as both a harbor defense fort and a military prison. You can also see visible reminders of the American Indian Occupation that started in 1969 after the prison closed, highlighting an important milestone in the American Indian rights movement.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina District of San Francisco, California, is a monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there. One of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition, it is still situated on its original site. In addition to hosting art exhibitions, it remains a popular attraction for tourists and locals and is a favorite location for weddings and wedding party photographs for couples throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and such an icon that a miniature replica of it was built in Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Certainly the most-photographed bridge in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge is synonymous with San Francisco. Drive up to the viewing area, or the foot of the bridge at Fort Point, to take pictures. You can take even better pictures at Baker Beach, a few minutes drive past the bridge!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
Nothing beats zooming down Lombard Street, San Francisco's "Crookedest Street" in your GoCar at the end of your tour. This is a great way to experience one of San Francisco's most iconic streets.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Drive through San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf, passing the bustling Crab Shacks, Bakeries and Curio Shops on your way to Golden Gate Bridge. Don't forget to wave to the other visitors!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94129
Some of the most beautiful views of San Francisco Bay are in the Presidio, a decommissioned military base that boasts beautiful architecture, a War Memorial, the Disney Museum and even a bowling alley! This area is just a 15 minute drive from Fisherman's Wharf, but feels like another world!
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Crissy Field is where San Franciscan's exercise and play. Wave to runners, soccer players and dog walkers as you zoom past beautiful views of the Bay on your way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Baker Beach, 1504 Pershing Dr, San Francisco, CA 94129-3306
A local's favorite, Baker Beach is a great place for a picnic, and an outstanding location for pictures of the Golden Bridge.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Alcatraz Island ticket ($39.90 USD value)
- Safety briefing
- 2-hour GPS-guided GoCar rental
- Tank of gas
- Use of a helmet
- Local taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) (USD $19)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Prices are per GoCar - not per person. Each vehicle holds a maximum of 2 people.
- All traveler names are required at time of booking. Failure to provide this information will result in cancellation of your tour
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Drivers must be age 21 years or older and must present a valid drivers license. Passenger age is at the discretion of parent/guardian.
- All renters must be able to read, understand, and sign a liability release and waiver form
- You'll be required to charge a USD $500 refundable security deposit to your credit card, payable direct at time of check-in
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is available for USD $19
- Cars accommodate two passengers
- For the safety and comfort of passengers, the maximum height is 6'4" (1.9m) and maximum combined weight of 500 lbs (226.8 kg) for two passengers
- Cars are 3-wheeled and are controlled with a motorcycle-style handle, throttle and hand brakes. Cars come equipped with a lockable trunk for your possessions.
- Foreign language options are available in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
Great adventure. Got to see the city! Too tight for 2 adults, you might want to get your own car!
Beast. Tour. Ever.
Beast. Tour. Ever.
This was the highlight of our visit to San Francisco. My husband and I are 67 years old and had the time of our lives. You can't get lost as long as you listen to the gps operator. We got to see quite a lot of the city and were able to stop and take photos. I'd do this again anytime!
I absolutely loved the Alcatraz portion of this trip. Great sights and the first portion of this trip went off without a hitch. Once we got to the second part of the day we were greeted and were told to watch a safety video before we jumped in the Go Car to drive around the city. We felt very rushed out of the main location and quickly realized about 10 minutes later that our GPS was not turned on. We were stuck in a lot of traffic and so by the time we returned back to the main location and swapped out vehicles, it had already been 30 minutes. Our GPS had never been turned on and they didn't even completely fill the tank. On our second attempt out, our GPS worked perfectly and we were having a great time until our exhaust blew out going up a hill, halfway through our adventure. Upon calling the company we were told we needed to get an Uber on our own dime and leave the Go Car on the side of the road. This was very inconvenient and we were pretty upset. Upon returning via Uber to to the location, we did not receive any apologies and although they refunded our Uber and charge for the Go Car for the day which we appreciated, we left feeling very let down by the experience. I would highly recommend using a different option to see the city. This company was a real let down and a waste of time.