San Francisco Urban Hike: Coit Tower, Lombard Street and North Beach
Then, go where few tours can, as you ascend to the top of Telegraph Hill to admire Coit Tower, the 210-foot (64-meter) art deco tower, one of San Francisco’s best-known landmarks. From this vantage point, take in a commanding view of San Francisco, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Pier 39 and more.
Continue on to Jack Early Park, a very tiny lookout at the top of a hidden staircase, and take in views of Alcatraz and Pier 39. Next, it’s time to visit the Russian Hill neighborhood and walk up the famous curvy section of Lombard Street that is commonly referred to as the world’s crookedest street.
Throughout your tour, your knowledgeable guide will share facts about the sights you see and historical anecdotes. You’ll also see some pop culture landmarks, such as Macondray Lane, which was the inspiration for Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City novels, and Saints Peter and Paul Church, where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio had their wedding photos taken.
Soak up the atmosphere of North Beach, San Francisco’s Italian neighborhood, before ending your 5-mile urban hike by descending the Greenwich Steps back to your starting point.
- Professional guide
- Narrated city hiking tour
- Entry/Admission - Telegraph Hill
- Entry/Admission - Russian Hill
- Entry/Admission - Lombard Street
- Entry/Admission - North Beach
- Entry/Admission - Filbert Steps
- Entry/Admission - Greenwich Steps
- Entry/Admission - Macondray Lane
- Entry/Admission - Jack Early Park
- Coit Tower elevator
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to the distance and intensity of the hike, this tour is not recommended for children 12 years and younger
- Tour runs rain or shine. If it is raining and you would prefer not to attend, you may reschedule or request a refund
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots and dressing in layers is recommended
- Bringing water is recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
This tour was fantastic! We visited some popular city attractions e.g., Coit Tower and Lombard Street, but many other lesser known neighborhood pocket parks with outstanding views of the city and bay. With all the hills in the city, it's much more than a walking tour -- certainly an exhilarating urban hike! Our guide -- Greer -- was personable and knowledgeable. We highly recommend this hike!
was great !!