The Original San Francisco Gourmet Chocolate Tour
Your tastings will highlight many local San Francisco chocolate makers. This includes:
• Single Origin Chocolate: from a new & award-winning San Francisco bean-to-bar chocolate maker
• Infused Chocolates: from a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer’s markets ingredients
• Unshelled Truffles: from a small, ground-breaking local chocolatier
• Aromatic hot chocolate: and healthful chocolate bars from a modern Belgian chocolate maker (weekdays)
• Blind Chocolate Tasting: from an international chocolate emporium
• Parisian Macarons (weekends) from an award winning artisan bakery
Please note: Tasting locations are subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Food tastings
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Amazing tour with a wonderful guide. She was extremely knowledgeable about chocolates and its origin. Went to several of the small chocolatiers as well as bakeries. A definite stop for everyone visiting San Francisco.
Really great! Didn't think we could ever max out on chocolate, but there we were, unable to stuff ourselves with any more amazing chocolate samples! Great little walking tour of downtown and an overview on the chocolate making business.
You will get educated by Maggie who knows everything about chocolate. Anybody that likes chocolate will love this tour.
Loved this! Marie was wonderful, knowledgable and we had plenty of chocolate to eat. Everybody had a very good time and I learned a lot about chocolate that I didn't know before! Do it, it's fun...it's not for young children but older teens and adults will enjoy.
This tour was great and the guide, Ahmet, was fantastic. He was knowledgeable and friendly and was totally willing to offer advice and recommendations for other activities. My only regret was that I took this tour on my last full day and was unable to take additional tours with him or Gourmet Walks.
Was great! Learned alot about the process from growing to retail, and history of local people and companies. Not a behind scene tour but not advertised as one. 7 shops were visited with multiple samples and discounts. Guide also provided small baggies in case you wanted to save some of the richness for later. All the shops were very inviting. Our guide Marie was very good and very knowledgeable.
If you like chocolate, or even if you don't, this is the tour for you. Great guide. Lots of venues. Great variety of chocolates. The guide even arranged to get us to union square for a free opera experience. Don't miss this one