Belize Cave Tubing Adventure from San Ignacio
This tour departs San Ignacio around nine a.m, driving one hour and thirty minutes toward the east then south. Arriving to the park the guides will provide you with a tube, then you will hike through the jungle along the river bank. There are several starting points; the most popular is after a 45 min walk which is located in between two cave entrances. You have a choice of jumping in or lowering yourself into the water. The tubing adventure is two caves if you do the 45 min walk, if you do a shorter hike of half an hour then you end doing one cave. The first cave is just an easy float through the mountain you just sit back and relax as the guide interprets the Mayan culture and believes. After floating down the first cave we end between to cave entrances again were we can stop for a swim, and get ready for the last caving adventure. The last cave has some rapids that add to the adventure, and there are also a couple areas where you can get out and explore. At the end of the last cave we end up floating down the river ending where we started hiking. Cave tubing is for those who want to have an easy relaxing and fun day.
• Hun Chi'ik Tours, Burns Avenue, San Ignacio Belize
• Belize Family Adventure, Burns Avenue, San Ignacio Belize
- Local guide
- Use of river tube and life vest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within San Ignacio Town
- rum punch
- Onward transfers to hotels outside San Ignacio Town
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended you wear a swimsuit and bring a change of clothes
- Please note: a minimum of 2 passengers is required in order for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Transfer included is within San Ignacio Town; for transfers outside town limits, a surcharge applies
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
We had great time on this tour. It was very relaxing and the caves and jungle were beautiful. While many of the guides tied their groups together in a line of tubes and quickly swam them through the cave, our guide let us leisurely float through, enjoying the caves for a longer time period. He was informative and did not seem in a hurry to move on to the next group and making more money etc. We learned a lot about the plants along the hiking trail as we went, as well as about the rock formations inside the cave. Our guide took us a very cool little cliff jumping spot inside the cave as well. I would recommend this trip!
THE BEST tour we've ever booked on vacation! FANTASTIC tour company and owner! The guides were knowledgeable and fun. I would recommend this adventure to ANYONE!