Xunantunich and Cave Tubing Combo Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Leonard's Tours, San Lorenzo Farm, Mle 71 George Price Highway Cayo District, San Ignacio 501 Belize
Our guide will meet you at your hotel in San Ignacio Town and drive (approx 20 min) to Xunantunich for a guided tour (approx 1 - 2 hrs)of the site followed by a drive (approx 1.5 hrs) to Nohoch Che'en Caves aka ''Jaguar Paw'' where you will enjoy your delicious home made lunch (approx 1hr) immediately followed by: pickup of tubing gear and walking (approx 30 min) to starting point for cave tubing (approx 2 - 3 hrs). At the end of cave tubing you will walk back to the car park, change off your wet clothes and drive back (approx 1.5 hrs)to San Ignacio town.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
After driving from your hotel in San Ignacio Town your guide will take you exploring this magnificent site where you may climb mayan structures especially the 130 ft El Castillo and enjoy panoramic view of the countryside
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve, Frank Eddie Village, Cayo, Belize, Belize City Belize
You will be having lunch at the picnic area, followed by pickup of tubing gear and hike (approx 30 mins) to starting point of cave tubing. Depending on your time, interests and level of fitness you may explore and swim in a fascinating cave within the cave system (your guide will let you know if conditions are save to leave the river to explore such area)
Duration: 4 hours
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (within San Ignacio)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Lunch (packed lunch for this tour may be the best option, especially with special dietary needs)
- Transport by private vehicle
- small group tours
- Entry/Admission - St Leonard's Tours
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- EXTRA fee for pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE of San Ignacio Town (contact us to confirm availability)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Level of fitness required: moderate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Adults with infants need to pay for any entrance fees, lunch and expenses incurred by infant and wherever applicable
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please inform us if you or any guests are non-swimmers, using the Special Requirements field
- Things to bring: sunscreen and insect repellent
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Very knowledgeable and friendly guide! We really enjoyed the Xunantunich tour and historical lesson. Awesome, tasty authentic food for lunch. The cave tubing was slightly less exciting given the water levels were low, but still wonderful views and overall an excellent trip.
This package is the perfect balance of history and adventure. Elio was amazing! Highly recommend this trip.
To say that this tour was amazing is an understatement. Everything was perfect. Carla our guide was extremely knowledgeable and it made the experience better to have someone that not only knows their information but also loves to share that information with others. A must when in Belize!!!
Great day trip made even better by the tour company and guide Leon. We stayed in a rented home Hillview House -Airbnb and they picked us up at the house. To make sure they knew where the house was they did a drive by the night before so there wouldn't be any delays. Trip started at the welcome center where our guide gave us a detailed history of the site and culture. Then on the the ruins where you can climb all the structures. If you are afraid of heights you may not want to climb to the top as there are no hand rails or railings. After touring the site our guide broke out a home cooked lunch of local food which was excellent. Chicken, coconut rice, salsa, plantains and pineapple. After that it was a 1 hour drive to cave tubing. A 45 minute walk leads to a 1 hour trip through 2 caves and then the river back to the start. Bring your own water shoes or you can rent them there for 3.00 USD.
Awesome trip. Carla was a very knowledgeable and friendly tour guide. She went out of her way to make sure that my girlfriend and I enjoyed our day and she even made several out of the way stops when we asked. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.