Horseback Ride to Xunantunich Maya Ruins Including Traditional Lunch
The tour begins at the stables, a family-owned horseback riding establishment where over 45 horses call home. Your transportation to the stables from San Ignacio is included.
When you arrive, meet your local Belizean guide for the day and then mount your horses to depart!
The ride to Xunantunich includes a well maintained trail through a large private farm and along the banks of the Mopan River in the village of San Jose Succotz. You will cross the river on an ancient hand-operated ferry, and then ride your horse up to Xunantunich. When you arrive, prepare to dismount and let your horse rest while you can spend as much time as you desire exploring Xunantunich by foot. Afterwards, we will ride to the nearby Benny’s Kitchen for a delicious lunch of traditional Belizean dishes before returning to Hanna Stables.
This horseback ride includes lots of nature viewing of local birds and plants.
Tour duration: 4-6 hours, depending on speed and desire to explore.
No previous horseback riding experience is required; riding helmets are supplied. Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per person.
Capacity: We can take single riders, couples, or groups of up to 15 people. There is no minimum amount of people needed to book.
- Local taxes
- National park fees
- Round-trip transfers between stables and San Ignacio town
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per person
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
This was an exceptional tour. Our guide William we very knowledgeable not only of the Mayan sites but nature and Belize history in general.
Great tour. Loved the horse ride, walking the ruins, and learning the history of the Mayans. The horses were great and well trained, making this a wonderful experience for my daughter's first time riding a horse. I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Belize.