Full-Day Small-Group Shore Excursion from San Juan del Sur
Then, following a short drive, you will arrive at the active Masaya volcano, where you can look into the crater and see the lava below. You'll be driven all the way to the edge of the crater, so there will be no walking required.
Your next stop will take place at the nearby Masaya Artisanal Market, for a chance to see high-quality Nicaraguan handicrafts and to purchase a few souvenirs (at own expense).
Finally, you'll head to the colonial city of Granada, where your guide will show you around the historic center, which includes highlights such as the Convent of San Francisco and the beautiful cathedral. You will have the chance to purchase lunch (at own expense) on the famous Calle La Calzada, before making the journey back to San Juan del Sur.
- National Park fees
- Fresh fruit & bottled water
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for children under the age of 5
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The start time listed (9 am) assumes that your ship arrives at 7am, in instances when this is not the case the start time will be moved appropriately.
- If all guests have arrived prior to the start time, it is possible for the tour to start earlier.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
This excursion was a good way to see many of the main places of interest. However, each stop allowed very little time to really enjoy or explore the site. This was due to much slow traffic along the routes to the Lake Nicaragua, the Laguna de Apoyo, the Masaya Volcano, and Granada. It seemed like we spent at least 4 hours sitting in the Minivan,driving from place to place. However, the scenery along the way was beautiful for the most part. We saw small villages, farms and volcanoes. The Laguna de Apoyo is a breathtaking sight, and the volcano was amazing, but hard to see the lava with all the smoke. The handicraft market was very interesting, but again, not enough time to shop. The time in Granada was not enough to see and photograph its quaint colonial beauty! We were stuck in slow traffic getting back to the port, and got back barely in time. Our guide was very capable and friendly, as was our driver. Overall, I'm glad we went on this excursion.
Our guide was okay but he didn't explain everything and we felt rushed in each place we visited. We were supposed to go to the market and never went there. Instead he took us to a chocolate museum which we were not interested in. The museum was not listed on our tour. It was a two hour drive in each direction and lots of traffic too. We should have been told this. I think the price was high for what we saw on this tour.