Atacama Salt Flat Day Trip from San Pedro de Atacama including Los Flamencos National Reserve and Socaire Village
Then we go to Piedras Rojas where we visit Salar de Aguas Calientes and Salar de Talar, where you can see the rock formations reddish colors. The next stop is in the Atacameño village of Socaire, where you have lunch in a typical restaurant. You can also see the cultivation terraces and the village church. Then we visit the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile, where the flamingos national reserve is located and we will visit the Chaxa lagoon to observe 3 types of flamingos, as well as other species that inhabit the lagoons of the to Salt.
As the last stop, we will visit the village of Toconao where we will appreciate the fantastic architecture of the bell tower and the town church, to return to San Pedro de Atacama around 4:30 p.m, driving you directly to your Hotel contact (same as the pick up).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or bus
- Live tour commentary provided in English & Spanish
- Entrance fees to Altiplanic Lagoons (5,500 Chilean pesos, approx. US$9, per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes including trekking pants and shoes, and a windbreaker or warm jacket
- It is recommended that you bring water, sunblock and sunglasses
- Note: Please bring cash to pay for the entrance fees and any additional expenses
- Note: The altiplano lagoons lie at more than 13,500 feet in elevation, which may cause mild altitude sickness for some; it is recommended that you drink hot tea or water prior to the tour and carry any necessary medication
Tour operator poorly organized: we did not have a good experience with Turistour and we would not recommend them for a trip. Also we could not see everything we were supposed to due to adverse weather (it was very windy that day).
We enjoyed the day. Not many flamingoes but we knew before we went that this may be the case.