Cook Traditional Dominican Cuisine with a Charming Grandmother in Santo Domingo
Rossy is passionate about nature, people, reading, photography, art, dance, and growing orchids. She lives in an apartment constructed by her grandfather, a lovely home whose walls are lined with her daughter's art as well as traditional Dominican plates featuring the works of famous Dominican artists. Don’t miss out on the beautiful orchids that she lovingly cares for or her dimpled smile as she serves you traditional Dominican food created from recipes passed down by her mother and mother-in-law!
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Rossy
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Santo Domingo home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Dominican culture and cuisine together.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
I had the most amazing experience cooking Dominican food with Rossy and her daughter Emily. They are very friendly, welcoming and hospitable. They taught me to cook some staple Dominican food like pollo guisado, arroz moro and baked bread fruit which was delicious.