Nopporo Forest Park Mountain Bike Tour from Sapporo
Upon arrival at the Nopporo Forest Park, you’re fitted with a mountain bike, helmet and gloves. Once you receive safety precautions and instructions on basic mountain biking skills, follow your guide along a mostly dirt road on a loop trail through pristine flatland forest.
Cycle past old-growth trees, where you may spot deer, squirrels, Japanese hares, Hokkaido salamanders, and native foxes, among other critters, that inhabit the wildlife sanctuary. Napporo Forest Park is home to 140 species of birds, including kingfisher and kumagera (black woodpecker), the world’s largest woodpecker with enough beak power to be heard throughout a forest.
Glimpse mountain tracks that experienced racers use for practice, and check out the 60-foot-high (100-meter) Hokkaido Centennial Memorial Tower, where you can enjoy the panoramic view of Sapporo city from outside the observatory.
Your half-day tour ends with the return drive to Sapporo with drop-off at the train station or a nearby hotel.
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Mountain bike, helmet and gloves for rental
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sapporo train station pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes and handling charges
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Recommended height is 1.45m (4.75 foot) or taller
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Please wear comfortable long sleeve clothes, long pants and shoes suitable for exercising. Jeans are not recommended
- Recommended to bring sunglasses or some kind of eye protection
- Please bring your own water (rental bikes have water holder)
- Windbreaker jacket is recommended to bring during spring and fall season
- The mountain bike course may be changed due to road conditions
This was the highlight of the trip. Jun was a great guide. We chose the easier trail but would be up for a longer ride on our next trip. The forest smelled of pine trees and an amazing flower. Mountain biking allows one to go faster than the bugs so they only land on you when you stop! This trip lasts about three hours including transportation from hotel so there is plenty of time to do other activities on the same day.