Mini Group: One-Day Zhouzhuang and Jinxi Water Town Tour from Shanghai
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zhouzhuang Water Town, Qing Ping Shanghai Highway, Kunshan 215300 China
Zhouzhuang is a town with an ancient culture Southern China. The town is surrounded by water and has many small streams running through the town. Stone bridges and old residences with black tiles and white wells are a feature its charm. Visitors may explore the picturesque narrow canals, little streets, bridges and visit Shen House, Zhang House and eat the local fish or other local delicacies while enjoying the balladeers in the waterside teahouses. The drive from Suzhou passes through fertile farmlands of lakes and canals which are filled with barges and ducks.
Shen's House is southeast of Fu'an Bridge on Nanshi Street. Shen Benren built it in 1742. The compound has seven courtyards, five archways, and more than 100 rooms. It covers an area of 2,000 square meters. There is a gate and wharf for mooring boats.
Zhang's House is south of the Twin Bridges on Beishi Street. It was built between 1436 and 1449 and covers 1,800 square meters or about half an acre. The house has six courtyards and more than 70 rooms. A square pool was built in the middle section. It is an important historical building.
Ye Chucang's Residence: Ye Chucang (1887–1946) was a poet and a statesman. He was known for organizing a group of young people to publicize against gambling and opium and steer people away it. It is on Xiwan Street and has five courtyards. The Main Hall was his studio, and the Rear Hall was a place where he received friends.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zhouzhuang Boat, No.5 Daqiao Road, Zhouzhuang Town, Kunshan 215325 China
Take a boat to enjoy a leisure journey in Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Town is highly recommended. You will see Water Lanes & Stone Bridges, glance at local people's life on the canal.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Jinxi Town, Kunshan 215324 China
Compared with other ancient towns in China, Jinxi Ancient Town is simpler, less sophisticated, and quiet. It is a small town (only one square kilometer in area) that has 16 lakes and 238 rivers. The town also has 36 ancient bridges spanning the rivers. The bridges represent various styles and were built during different periods in history.
The town has many museums, such as the first museum of antique tiles and bricks in China, the "red porcelain products museum" and the "root caving museum of China." and your guide will take you to see all of them.
Besides, Jinxi water town is famous for its picturesque sceneries, it's enjoy history for over 2000 years, and most of the architectures there are still keep its original looks, photo on them would be definitely a "must do" on your travel schedule, you will have sufficient time to taking photos.
Duration: 2 hours
- A gondola tour in Zhouzhuang Water Town
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel
- English-speaking local guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant in the water village
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Zhouzhuang Water Town
- Entry/Admission - Zhouzhuang Boat
- Entry/Admission - Jinxi Town
- Gratuities for guide & driver (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- Airport Transfer
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the Middle Ring Zone of Shanghai City.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. The tour guide will call you via hotel or leave a message about pickup time the night before tour date.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
It was wonderful and we enjoyed our guide Sophie Lee.
I enjoyed this tour and my tour guide Melody did a great job. She very knowledgeable about the towns we visited. It was interesting to see the two water towns and I enjoyed the gondola ride. I took a lot of nice pictures. Lunch was at nice spot overlooking the water and was truly an authentic local place. The food was great. I would definitely recommend this tour.