Private Shanghai Evening Street Food Walking and Cruise Tour
• The best picked Shanghai soup dumplings
• Pan-friend dumplings
• Traditional Shanghai noodles
• Freshly baked "Xinjiang " Style Nang
• Lamb skewers
• Roast duckAfter fulfilling your stomach it´s time to have a walk Continue your private tour towards the Bund direction, and you will pass by the famous Shanghai Old Town Bazaar where you can see the beautiful lights on both old colonial buildings and the modern skylines. Listen to your guide telling you about local culture, history and the new changes to the city.
Then, you will take a 60-minute relaxing river cruise on Huangpu River to enjoy your Shanghai night.
After the tour is finished, your guide will help you get a taxi back to your hotel.
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Private walking tour services
- Food tasting and drinks during the tour (enough for the dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off ( Pls provide the hotel you will stay in case thelocal guide need contact)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please kindly provide your local contact number or hotel information upon booking so your guide can contact you if anything changes (no hotel pickup/drop off)
- Please advise the preferred time under the special requirements field upon booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Great selection of food, fun and informative guides, and a spectacular cruise to finish. We would definitely recommend.
We were met by Lilly at a nearby hotel. After brief introductions during which Lilly checked if there are things that we don't eat, we were on our way. I am quite a fussy eater and Lilly took this in her stride. After a few meters we sampled the first food of the evening; a hot pork and crabmeat pastry. As I do not eat crab, Lilly got me a pork pastry instead. This was absolutely delicious. Lilly explained when the locals eat this. We walked through parts of Shanghai that we would never have found by ourselves. Lilly pointed out various things on our way to the next food stop. We learned a lot about the history and how the local people live. During the evening, we had steamed soup dumplings, soup noodles, lamb skewers and a traditional bread that ethnic Muslims in China eat, a fried version of soup dumplings, breaded pork with the most amazing dipping sauce and milk tea. At every stop we were taught about when local people would eat these foods as well as the correct way to eat them. We also visited a typical wet market. On our walk down to the river, we saw a lot more hidden gems that we would never have seen otherwise. Our last part of the tour was a river cruise on the Huangpu river. It was amazing seeing the skyline on both sides of the river lit up and Lilly pointed out various landmarks to us. It was a real bonus to have her with us. She made the whole evening memorable. She is very knowledgeable with a great sense of humour and patiently answered all my questions.
We had an absolutely amazing evening with Lily. We were met in the hotel lobby of a hotel just across the street from where we were staying and after brief introductions we were off. It did not take long until we tried our first snack, a gorgeous warm meat-filled pastry. I am quite a fussy eater and Lily took this in her stride suggesting alternatives for me. The food was all delicious and I learned a lot that evening about food, life in China and about Shanghai. Even though we had been in Shanghai before and had an extended stay this time, I got a whole new appreciation for this city as we got to see places that tourists normally do not see. After we were absolutely stuffed, we ended the tour with a boat tour on the Huangpu river to see the Bund and the skyscrapers on the Pudong side. Lily was friendly, fun and very knowledgable. She was more than happy to answer all the questions I had. This was an all around perfect evening.
I thoroughly recommend this tour! Lily was an amazing hostess - knew all the best places to sample street food, was extremely informative about life in Shanghai and had a great sense of humour. The river cruise was amazing - we had not expected or experienced anything like it. Shanghai by night has to be seen to be believed! Thank you, Lily!
Sunny is wonderful. She is so high energy, is great at explaining the food and has a wonderful sense of humor. We joined her after another private walking tour with Penny which was also wonderful. Sunny was very thoughtful and knowledgeable. One thing. do let her know in advance if you are a vegetarian, hard to get things if you are. Sunny was great at finding things for those in our party who did not eat red meat. She also was very thoughtful in making sure we got back to our hotel which 45 minutes from city center, sending me a text to make sure we arrived safely. Take the tour and enjoy!