Private Pienza and Montepulciano Half-Day Trip from Siena
After an introduction to the village of Buonconvento we meet in Cassia Street on the way to the south, we will visit the Renaissance center of Pienza, defined the 'ideal city' for the harmonious combination of its architectural treasures. Pienza is a real art jewel, where you can walk among artisan laboratories and shops of local food products.
The richness and variety of the landscape, in fact, are not the only elements that characterize this territory; the food and wine production is one of the strengths of this area, known in particular for the Pecorino cheese that you will taste in a typical shop which which still produces following old recipes but using advanced techniques and equipment.
The tour will end in Montepulciano, a beautiful medieval town from which you can admire stunning views over the surrounding countryside: in the histoircal center you will visit a typical winery and you will be guided in the tasting of the famous Nobile di Montepulciano.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tastings of pecorino and wine
- Licensed guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of three people per booking is required
- Note that the driver will give historical information as you travel but cannot legally guide a city or monument tour; if you would like a licensed guide, make a note in the 'Special Requirements' box when you book and the local operator will contact you with supplement details
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Angela was an amazing tour guide. Her knowledge about wine really helped us understand Italy through this important lens. We also saw some amazing little towns along the way. She picked great spots was totally flexible when we had other ideas. Highly recommend!