From Sighisoara - Saxon Villages of Biertan and Malancrav
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Biertan Fortified Church, Central Square, Biertan 557045 Romania
Biertan formerly known as Birthälm, a pittoresque village placed in the heart of Wine Region of Transylvania listed by UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1993. The Church of Biertan was the see of the Lutheran Evangelical Bishops of Transylvania between 1572 and 1867 and maybe this was the reason why Saxons built here the strongest fortified church of Transylvania. Beautifully restored it boasts today the largest polyptych wooden altar of Eastern Europe along with the first world`s first multi locking mechanism which contains a series of 14 locks in one mounted on the door of the Vestry, built by a local locksmiths in 1515 perfectly working till today. Imagine how innovative and vanguardist this mechanism was since 400 hundred years later it won the invention first prize at the Paris World Expo in 1901. Also Biertan is also that place in the world where marital couples therapy was first applied in the 16th century based on a unique local Marital Prison which you will also visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fortified Lutheran Church of Malancrav, Malancrav Romania
The next stop will be in Malancrav, a beautiful Saxon village centered on a timeless atmosphere – the natural beauty, the peace and the unique vernacular architecture made Prince Charles to fell in love with this place and to come back here at least twice a year. We will visit the local Saxon Fortified Church dating back since 1350, the only one in Transylvania to still preserve it`s intact original medieval frescoes inside. The next highlight will be Apafi Manor a famous noble house of Transylvania built by the Hungarian princely family, Apafi, probably in the 15th century, nowadays in the property of Mihai Eminescu Trust patronized by Prince`s Charles. It is rumored that William and Kate spent a short holiday here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Domeniul Dracula Daneș, Strada Principala, numarul 804, Danes, Sighisoara 547200, Romania
For a visit to most beautiful horse riding stables in Transylvania where you can admire some of the best riding horses in Romania representative for the breeds like: Friesian, Andalusian, Lipizzan, Arabian horse and others, all in total over 25 exquisite horses. Also here children and not only can enjoy a visit o a small but very interesting zoo garden.
Duration: 45 minutes
- - Fully licensed, English speaking guide
- - Pick up / drop off at your hotel
- - Private tour
- - Interactive participation encouraged
- - Overview of Romanian History and Culture
- - Countless stops for photos
- Entry/Admission - Biertan Fortified Church
- Entry/Admission - Fortified Lutheran Church of Malancrav
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
When I booked the trip to Biertan and Malancrav I had no idea that I would meet one of the best guides. Emanuel's knowledge goes beyond the traditional history of the places we visited. He has an in depth knowledge of the country, region, its culture and traditions. His enthusiasm, friendliness and openness made this trip one of the most special ones I've ever taken.