Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
Discover the architectural intricacy of his beloved Mansion and the labour of love that went into the restoration that shaped it's iconic status today.
While monumentally traditional in design, the Blue Mansion also bears an eclectic architectural trait that exemplifies the 19th century era. It is at this time when the myths and magic of the Chinese Kingdom converge with the glory of the British Empire within the Malay world. The Blue Mansion also demonstrates both Cheong Fatt Tze’s deepening fascination with Western artisanship and his rising stature as a Chinese official.
Please note that Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion also operates as a hotel, we ask for your understanding that there will be certain areas that are inaccessible to public tours as we are obliged to respect the privacy of staying guests as well.
Tours are conducted in English 3 times daily. Please show up 15 minutes before schedule. We also offer tours in Mandarin, Japanese and other languages with prior arrangement.
- Guided Tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion also operates as a hotel. We ask for your understanding that there will be certain areas that are inaccessible to public tours as we are obliged to respect the privacy of staying guests as well.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
This tour was massively overpriced. If you queue at the gate you will pay RM17 so less than half the price of this trip. The building itself is beautiful but with the 100 people being shown round at the same time, it ends up being a boring experience with little ability to hear the guide nor see what they are talking about. Overall a massive waste of time and money.