Experience Singapore: Cultural Cooking Class
Enjoy the fruits of your labour, which is a sumptuous 3-course local meal that you will whip up using fresh ingredients, and hear intricate stories of how your local hosts (all of them stay-at-home mums) overcome personal struggles and overwhelming odds to return to the workforce to put their talents to good use. Whether you've got years of culinary know-how under your belt, or preparing Asian cuisine is something brand new, you'll enjoy the cultural experience and create unforgettable memories in this fun, informal atmosphere!
Please Note: Please provide your dietary requirements at the time of booking so the above menu's may be altered to suit
• Food Playground, 24A Sago St, Singapore 059020
• Monday Menu: Nasi Lemak with Sambal Prawns and Curry Puffs
• Tuesday menu: Chicken Curry with Roti Jala and Ang Ku Kueh
• Wednesday menu: Hainanese Chicken Rice and wonton soup
• Thursday menu: Satay with Char Kway Teow and Gula Melaka Sago Pudding
• Friday menu: Laksa with fried spring rolls and Kueh Dadar/Hoon Kueh
- All equipment and ingredients
- Lunch with water, coffee and tea
- Local English-speaking instructors
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Class menu, ingredients and instructions are subject to change
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Class operates with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
very well organised and fun cooking class with YY. She showed us the real method of making curry paste and Turtle buns. Yum.
Mary and Theresa were awesome. Really enjoyed their cooking class , but I really wished I had more time in Singapore to take even more classes. Singapore dishes are time consuming but the end result was a delicious meal comparable to the ones at the famous hawker centers. Can’t wait to try the recipe back home.
This was a wonderful cooking class, I really enjoyed it. The chef instructors were very skilled and knowledgeable which helped us understand the cooking process and the whys of how everything fit together. I learned much and would highly recommend this class to anyone interested in learning about Singapore cuisine.
you don't need to be a cook because this makes you into one for the morning what a wonderful class this is, to enjoy just go with the flow and you will produce a great meal using local ingredients and the tutor will be wonderful along with other guests.
Fantastic time with Mary and the cooking class. Extremely well organized, fun and great knowledge on heritage Singapore dishes. Highly recommend the class!
Loved it! Helen was an amazing instructor. Learned a lot about culture. We worked hard, but it was fun!!! Meal was delicious. Would definitely recommend.