Gems of Chinatown
Immerse yourself in the mix of old and new in Singapore’s busy and colorful Chinatown. Dating back to the first Chinese settlements in Singapore in the early 1820s, the bustling district offers its visitors an interesting walk through the area. While admiring the conserved shophouses, listen to stories of the Opium Dens, Coolie Houses, Brothels and Death Houses that peppered the streets of Chinatown in the past. Discover the unique multiculturalism of Chinatown and find out why you can find a Taoist temple, a Hindu temple, two mosques, a Buddhist temple and a Methodist church all within walking distance of each other. You will view the stunning interior of Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, a Tang Dynasty style Buddhist temple that houses a Sacred Buddha Tooth Relic in a giant stupa made from 320kg of gold. Visit the oldest Hindu Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple, and the oldest Chinese Taoist Temple, Thian Hock Keng Temple. If you love shopping for exotic things, Chinatown would be your mecca! Here, you can buy almost anything and surprise friends and family back home with fun souvenirs. The trip is arranged in small groups, so you will be able to chat with your professional guide and learn about the district’s fascinating history.
- See the best of Chinatown on a small group walking tour of its main attractions
- Stroll along the historic streets of Chinatown and understand more about the lifestyles of the early immigrants
- Visit impressive local temples: Thian Hock Keng Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple and Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum
- The tour ends just in time for you to enjoy lunch at the numerous local hawker centres
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email