Singapore Up Close
See Singapore from a new angle - on a detailed 3 hour urban tour with extensive commentary from your licensed English speaking guide. On this adventure, you will start with a visit to Singapore’s first satellite town Toa Payoh. Stroll through the town centre and learn how its design and range of amenities helps facilitate the lifestyles of Toa Payoh residents, young and old. Get interesting insights into the day to day life of local residents, the habits and practices that are unique to Singaporean apartment dwellers. You will also get to visit the headquarters of the Housing Development Board (HDB) and listen to Singapore’s housing story. Find out how the country managed to turn things around - from facing a severe housing shortage in the 1960s to enjoying one of the highest home ownership rates in the world. Discover the peculiar form of English spoken in the area and put your newly acquired “Singlish” skills to the test as you order snacks at a local coffee shop.
- Take a deeper look into Singapore’s heartlands on this immersive tour
- Pay a visit to the country’s first satelite town - Toa Payoh and stroll through wet markets and residential areas
- Visit the headquarters of the Housing Development Board and learn more about the Singapore housing story
- Learn to speak like a local: pick up some Singaporean English and immediately put it to use
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email