Sitka Shore Excursion: Alaskan Wildlife by Land and Sea
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fortress of the Bear, 4639 Sawmill Creek Rd, Sitka, AK 99835-9805
Visit our resident bears
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park, 103 Monastery St, Sitka, AK 99835-7617
Tote Poles local plants eagles nest
Duration: 20 minutes
- 2-hour marine life tour by catamaran
- 2-hour scenic tour of Sitka by 10-passenger van
- Live commentary on board
- Customizable, small-group tour
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Fortress of the Bear
- Entry/Admission - Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 6 people (children and babies included) per booking
- Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes: the weather in Sitka is always different so please dress in layers. Both the van and the boat have heated cabins for your comfort, but you will want to get out and enjoy the fresh air
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- ALL tours start at Harrigan Centennial Hall 330 Harbor Drive Sitka Alaska 99835.
- Please note: Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests must be able to step on/off boat and depending on the tide, navigate a steep wooden gangway that leads to the dock. The boat is not wheelchair accessible. Due to seat availability, as well as guest safety and comfort, passengers weighing 250 pounds (113 kilograms or 18 stone) will have to purchase an additional seat to reserve adequate space onboard the ship
Fine trip. Anyone should enjoy. Wish the wildlife narrator had been better. We did see animals. Liked seeing otters, sea lions and whales. Not sure I would repeat this trip again.
THIS IS FOR SITKA TOUR, but the review also shows up under Juneau in error!! The first part of this tour was fabulous! We were on a small boat with Sonny with another couple. It was a cloudy day but Sonny met the challenge and we saw about a dozen whales! It was spectacular! Sonny was friendly, welcomed questions... a great host. The second part was by bus. It was drizzly now and about 12 folks in the van can determine where you go as some don't want to get off in the drizzle inappropriate attire or have limited mobility. That was unfortunate. We did make it to the Fortress of the Bear and did a very small part of Totem Park. Wish we'd done the full Totem Park trail and the Raptor Center thankfully we were able to visit Raptor on our own another day. All in all, Aakatchaq did her best given the large diverse group -- and particularly since she was a last minute fill-in for the tour.