Sitka Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Tour including Fortress of the Bear and Totem Poles
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park, 103 Monastery St, Sitka, AK 99835-7617
Learn about our totem poles,Visit the river salmon spawn in yearly and learn about local plants
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fortress of the Bear, 4639 Sawmill Creek Rd, Sitka, AK 99835-9805
Visit our local resident bears
Duration: 20 minutes
- 2-hour tour of Sitka by 10-passenger van
- Customizable, small-group tour
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park
- Entry/Admission - Fortress of the Bear
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes as the weather in Sitka is always different. The tour van has a heater for your comfort, but you will want to get out and enjoy the fresh air.
- ALL tours start at Harrigan Centennial Hall 330 Harbor Drive Sitka Alaska 99835.
- Please note: Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed
Nice views. Ok tour.
Overall, Robin, our guide, did a great job introducing us to Sitka. It's nice to be shown around by a local. Just wished we had time to do the totem park, we didn't get to stop there at all. The rainforest was lovely, and seeing the salmon ready to go upstream was fantastic. Fortress of the Bears is a great sanctuary, and the folks there are offering a great service. Although rainy, the tour was worth it, and Robin handed out big umbrellas, which helped.
Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. Enjoyed Sitka National Historical Park and the totem poles. The Fortress of the Bears was very disappointing. Habitat area looked pretty pitiful. The City Sightseeing portion of the tour turned out to be a guide as to where to shop and eat.
What a great tour! Our guide was very fun, energetic, and knowledgable, and took a great pride in her city. The Fortress of the Bear was amazing. We got to see the bears close up. We also enjoyed the totem pole national park and forest.
It was well put together with a good amount of time. The totem park was especially nice and had good interpretation as well as a good walk in the rain forest. We liked the bears, too.
This tour gave us a good understanding of Sitka and its' beauty. Fortress of the bear was very informative as well.
It was ok. Good photo opportunity. Hope it doesn't rain.