Two-Hour Small-Group in Natural Ice Cave Tour of Vatnajökull Glacier
At the glacier, you will receive adequate crampons (spikes to walk on ice) and helmets for safety. Once fully equipped, you will walk about 5-10 minutes on the glacier before entering the cave. The cave is easy to access, and at this point of the tour, you can decide whether you want to be guided through or explore on your own. Do not hesitate to ask the guides to take photos for you and ask as many questions as you want. Whereas our tours are mainly operated in English, our team of experienced guides is quite international, so ask us in advance if you would like the tour in Spanish, French, or German and we will try our best to make it happen. After spending sufficient time inside the cave (approximately 40 minutes), we will drive you back safely to the Glacier Lagoon Jökulsárlón.
- Driver and guide
- Live commentary on board
- Helmet and Crampons
- Super Jeep tour
- Natural Ice cave in Vatnajökull
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hiking shoes /Rainwear / Warm clothes / Gloves
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children from 7 to 11 go for free
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pick up starts 15 minutes before departure
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Dress code: waterproof and/or warm clothing; warm socks and hiking shoes or boots.
- We do not recommend to drive all the way from Reykjavík (370km) the same day of the tour
- Maximum capacity per car 15 people
- Possibility of tour in other languages upon request (Spanish, French, German, Icelandic, Catalan, Serbian)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
the tour guide is nice and friendly, although the crystal cave is small this year and the cave is crowed of people, this is the easiest cave to get to. But if you have plenty of time in Iceland, this is not the best cave to come to.
great experience with guides who gave just the right amount of information, and also plenty of time to explore on our own.
The tour was amazing! We had a great tour guide, an awesome super Jeep to be escorted to the glacier cave in. Inside the glacier cave our tour guide gave us some great history about the caves. How they change through the season. We also got the chance to explore the top of the glacier- best tour!
Our guide, Benoit, was great. He shared lots of interesting facts about the glaciers, their history, and their composition. He helped us navigate the caves and moulins safely,