Ice Cave Tour
The cave we choose from day to day depends on conditions, time of day, and weather. We always go to the most interesting cave available at each time, one of the most popular caves is the Crystal Ice Cave.
The average duration of the tour is 2.5-3 hours, however this can change depending on conditions. We aim to spend between 45 minutes and 1 hour in the cave.
Good boots or hiking shoes are essential, as we sometimes need to put on crampons and sometimes the ground can be very muddy in or on the way to the ice cave. Please also wear good warm and waterproof outdoor clothing for this tour as the conditions can be cold and windy here in the winter.
If you do not have hiking boots please let us know and you can rent these for 1000isk on location
Please note that this tour is not suitable for photographers or those looking to take the tour solely for photography purposes.
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please come in warm and waterproof clothing and good hiking boots.
- Your safety is of the utmost importance. Ice Cave tours are weather dependent. Sometimes tours have to be cancelled with short notice due to weather conditions or safety concerns or. After periods of adverse weather, the caves can become flooded or unsafe to enter. If this happens we will always do our best to offer an alternative such as a glacier hike if weather conditions allow, however if this is not suitable we will also always offer a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible