Skagway Shore Excursion: Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park Visitor Center, 291 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840
Chilkoot Trail is in National Park and Taiya River Float is through the National Park
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Skagway Float Tours, 299 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840
Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float tour with Skagway Float Tours
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Chilkoot Trail, Alaska
Hike first 2 miles of historic Chilkoot Trail.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Chilkoot trail hike and float tour
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Skagway Float Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please see voucher for details regarding your departure point
- Please note: this is an active tour, so it is recommended to be in good physical condition and wear sturdy walking shoes with good traction
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Maximum per raft/group is 11
- Minimum age is 5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No Joint problems or balance issues
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
Great time . Becca was amazing and made us realize that the world around us is larger than our own bubbles . I came back with a new appreciation for the wonders of our earth .
This trip included a 2 mile hike on the Chillroot trail. Beautiful forest. Ryan our guide was informative and helpful. I strongly recommend this trip as a way to see some of outdoor terrain and a good contrast to the more touristy activities.
The hike was beautiful! Our guide was very lnowledgeable and fun. Great experience! We traveled with 2 teenage boys and they enjoyed this tour a lot!
Ferns and mosses galore!More types of mosses than the Amazon rainforest. Not too strenuous or long of a hike. Float trip was spectacular,Bald eagle nests up close and more.
Our guide was fabulous. Tour was beautiful, interesting, and fun. Great way to spend half a day. Highly recommend.
It was an excellent tour. Bob, our guide, was very knowledge and authentic. He was intuitively conscientious about the well being of everyone on the tour.
At the beginning of the trail hike, we realized that it was going to be too much for us and, based on the guide's recommendation, we backed off and enjoyed a nature walk with another guide. We rejoined the group for the float trip and it was very nice. The guides were excellent and, overall, it was a great experience! Perhaps the degree of difficulty could be clarified in the excursion description.
Bryan was a fantastic guide, very knowledgeable