Skagway Shore Excursion: Yukon Discovery Tour
• Small tour buses that hold up to 32 people
• Please arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of departure time
• Don't forget your passport!!
• Capt Moore's Bridge, with stunning views of the fjord below. Captain Moore's bridge is a suspension bridge.
• Tutshi (pronounced TOO SHY) High
• Caribou Crossing, approx 1 hour, giving you time for lunch, the wildlife museum, petting farm and PUPPIES!
• Emerald Lake - one of the most photographed lakes in the Yukon
• Yukon sign - stop for a picture as you enter into Canada's Yukon territory
• The "Welcome to Alaska" sign - located at the top of the White Pass overlooking the border between the USA and Canada.
• Wildlife spotting possible; including bears, sheep, caribou, elk, lynx, fox, eagles, and moose
• Passport required
OPTION: Add on dog mushing training run at Caribou Crossing, to your time at Caribou Crossing! You are actually helping to train the dogs for sled races, such as the annual Iditarod dog sled race, and learn about dog mushing, Alaska's official Sport! If you choose this option, you will be spending your time mushing instead of exploring Caribou Crossing. Does NOT add any time to the 6 hour tour.
- Buses can accommodate up to 32 people, with public address system for easy listening
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- PASSPORTS REQUIRED, or Valid Passport Card, or other approved documents, please contact Canadian Customs for additional information on these documents
- Please NOTE ALL 8 a.m. tours depart from your dock. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of departure time. Don't forget your Passports! 1030 Discovery Tour - departs from Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium, located at 485 Broadway Avenue, Skagway, AK 99840 (see map below). Please plan to arrive at our office 30 minutes early. If you have any questions, please call us at 907-983-3512 or email us email@example.com.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Two different lunches are available, either Chicken or Vegetarian, your tour guide/professional driver will inquire of your choice before tour departs
- Collapsible non-electric wheelchairs/walkers can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- US and Canadian Citizens: Must bring a government issued photo ID and proof of citizenship (US birth certificate or naturalization certificate) or a passport for re-entry to the United States. Children, ages 18 and under only require a birth certificate
- Non-US Citizens: Either a Passport, I-94, Multiple Entry Visa or Resident Alien Card is required for re-entry to the United States
- Operates in all weather conditions. Weather can vary greatly from one location to another, please dress in layers
- Specific tour stops can be modified based on road conditions and weather.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
FANTASTIC Take this tour. The best tour.
Brian was our tour guide and he was amazing! He was very knowledgeable and a great tour guide! The views on this tour are unlike anything we had ever seen! The price was fantastic and the time flew by. I would highly recommend this tour! Note: Don't book another tour or excursion after this one. It screws up the possible time to Linger and explore for the other passengers please.
One of the reasons I booked this tour was the fact it said Small tour buses that hold up to 22 people. That is not what we experienced. There were 35 people on our tour. That was disappointing. I also booked the tour because one of the stops listed was the welcome to Alaska sign. Because people on the bus with us had to be back to their ship sooner and it was crowded, we did not stop. The bus driver did slow way down so I could at least get a picture of the sign. Other than that, the tour itself was good and our guide was knowledgeable.