Skagway Shore Excursion: Yukon Dog Sledding and Sightseeing Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Southeast Tours, Skagway, AK 99840
• 6 Hour tour that departs Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium at 480 Broadway in Skagway at 9am. The tour returns to Skagway at 4:30 pm (please confirm that your ship leaves at least 1 hour after the tour returns)
• Features everything you will see with our Yukon Discovery Tour PLUS then a 15 minute Dog Mushing Adventure!
• Small tour buses that hold up to 32 people
• Please arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of departure time
• Do NOT forget your passports!
• Capt Moore's Suspension Bridge, with stunning views of the fjord below.
• Tutshi (pronounced TOO SHY) High
• Caribou Crossing Caribou Crossing Iditarod Training Camp, approx 1 hour, giving you time for lunch, the wildlife museum, petting farm and PUPPIES!
• Emerald Lake - one of the most photographed lake in the Yukon
• Yukon sign - stop for a picture as you enter into Canada's Yukon territory
• The "Welcome to Alaska" sign - located at the top of the White Pass overlooking the border between the USA and Canada.
• Wildlife spotting possible; including bears, sheep, caribou, elk, lynx, fox, eagles, and moose.
- Lunch - two choices of lunch, chicken or vegetarian
- Professional Driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Buses can accommodate up to 32 people, with public address system for easy listening
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Snacks (available to purchase)
- Bottled water (available to purchase)
- Coffee/tea (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: A valid passport or passport card is REQUIRED on ALL tours! If you do not have either of those please contact Canadian Customs for additional information on other documentation that may be used
- Tours depart from Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium, located at 5th & Broadway. Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your tour is set to depart. Please DO NOT forget your passports! If you have any questions, please call us
- Vegetarian option is available, your tour guide/professional driver will inquire of your choice before tour departs
- Collapsible non-electric wheelchairs/walkers can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- U.S and Canadian Citizens: Must bring a government issued photo ID and proof of citizenship (U.S birth certificate or naturalization certificate) or a passport for re-entry to the United States. Children, ages 18 and under only require a birth certificate.
- Non-U.S. Citizens: Either a Passport, I-94, Multiple Entry Visa or Resident Alien Card is required for re-entry to the United States
- Every tour operates in all weather conditions - our weather can vary greatly, so we recommend that you dress in layers
- Specific tour stops can be modified based on road conditions and weather.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
We forgot our passports and thought we were going to lose out on the tour but management was able to upgrade us to a Jeep excursion so that we had time to run back and get them. Having a Jeep allowed us to stop several times along the long Yukon Trail to see all the beautiful sites. The dog sledding was a fun experience, similar to a 10 minute roller coaster ride. The kids loved it almost as much as the Husky puppy play area where we spent so much time that we missed out on the chicken lunch.