Half-Day Pompeii Sightseeing Trip from Sorrento
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii - Archaeological Area., Porta Marina Superiore (Via Villa dei Misteri) Piazza Immacolata, Piazza Porta Marina inf., 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pick-up and drop off door to door service. Transfer from Sorrento to Pompei and from Pompei to Sorrento by new and confortable minibus, tickets in Pompei (euro 15,00 per person included), professional guide in English, French, Spanish or Italian inside the ruins, who will show you in a 2-hour walking tour the most fascinating places like the Forum, Thermal Baths, Lupanare burnt by volcanic ashes and lapilli during the eruption in 79 A.D. You have the opportunity to discover the everyday life of the Imperial age and imagine the panic of the people before the city was so disastrously buried. Departure from Pompei at around 13:30 and return around 14:00-14:30 (depending on traffic conditions you can return at 15:00); drop off where we picked you up in the morning. It's a trip not to be missed for any visitor coming into this region of Italy.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by shared air-conditioned van
- Narration by a professional guide
- Entrance Ticket to Pompeii Archaeological Site (15 euros)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii - Archaeological Area.
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking, please contact local provider the day before around 19:00 to have more details about pick up point and time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- Please insert your accommodation address in Sorrento (hotel, b&b, airbnb) in the "Special Requirements" section when booking, then call the local supplier the evening before your tour after 7PM to know your pick up time and if your pick up will be at your accommodation or nearby. If arriving by cruise ship, please let us know the name of your ship.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Excellent quick tour of Pompeii. Did not know what to expect so we took the semi-private half day tour. It was very good but not as efficient as we would prefer. If time is of serious concern, this is fine. If a really good tour of Pompeii is required, based on my other experiences in Italy, the full day private tour might well be worth the extra money.
Had a wonderful tour of Pompeii. Our tour guide was excellent, extremely knowledgeable of the time period and events and just delightful, friendly and kept the tour moving. It was a very hot day (95 degrees) but she kept us so interested that the heat hardly bothered us! I highly recommend this half day tour.
The pick-up and tour guides were fine, the actual tour was a bit underwhelming - not one of the favourites from our group but still interesting and glad that we went.
I suppose if you’re in the area you should see Pompei. Tour should take half an hour. Our guide dragged it out to two hours on a very hot day. Scenic and can take interesting pictures. Uneven pavement. Difficult to walk.
The Half-Day Pompeii Sightseeing Trip was good. There was a lot of information and we walked a good amount of the excavation site. The one thing that I wished we were able to do was have more free time to walk around the ruins. You don't get that opportunity until the very end of the tour and we only received 15 minutes once we reached the square. I would have liked to see the bigger outdoor theater (even though it had the most work done and isn't as original as the smaller theater).Overall, the tour is worth it since they pick you up from your hotel and you don't have much to worry about as far as logistics.
Our guide, Tamara, was delightful and very knowledgeable with respect to the Italian culture and the history of the area. The tastings were well chosen and of high quality. If you like to eat, don't miss this one.
This is just the right amount of time for Pompeii. A whole day tour especially when it's very hot, with very little shade available is very wearying. A good alternative might be Herculaneum where the buildings are in better shape.
This excursion was perfect and everything we had expected. The bus picked us up bit early and was comfortable and more important, air conditioned. The tour was well organized and the guide was excellent. I chose this because I felt a half day was enough for my kids, and it included pre-purchased entry tickets. This all happened as planned, and we were back at the hotel in Sorrento by late afternoon for a dip in the pool. A great day and perfect experience for my family. Grazie Mille!
The tour was great! But very short, so if you are looking for a more in depth tour of Pompeii I would not choose this tour. I do wish we had a little more time after the tour to walk around on our own.