El Dorado Wine Country Tour from South Lake Tahoe
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boa Vista Orchards, 2952 Carson Rd, Placerville, CA 95667-5113
Guests will have a chance to sample local produce and taste goods
from the bakery. Wine Tasting is also included.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Boeger Winery, 1709 Carson Rd., Placerville, CA 95667-5195
This is one of the oldest wineries in the region where guests will get a tour of Boeger and learn about the rich history. Wine Tasting of course is included as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jodar Vineyards, 2392 Gravel Rd, Placerville, CA 95667-9059
Guests will be wine tasting at this scenic winery, also picnic lunch will be provided as well
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crystal Basin Cellars, 3550 Carson Rd, Camino, CA 95709-9330
Wine tasting - optional. $5.00 charge but will be waived with the
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Placerville Historical Museum, Placerville, CA
Capital of El Dorado County
- Transport by air-conditioned shuttle bus or coach
- Wine tasting fees at first 3 wineries
- Picnic lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Boeger Winery
- Entry/Admission - Jodar Vineyards
- Wine tasting fees at additional 3 wineries
- Entry/Admission - Crystal Basin Cellars
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 years old to consume alcohol
- A maximum of 24 people per booking
- It is recommended that you bring water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available for selected local hotels only; if you require this service, please note in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This was so much fun and I highly recommend it for first time and returning visitors. Again, Snowshoe John was our host and he was entertaining and informative. Jodar was a wonderful winery with great wines, and Mitch the Wine Guy was very fun! Thanks, Suzanne and Vicki
Great trip ! After a beautiful informative drive you arrive in wine country. Everyone at all the wineries were super nice and a lot of fun. Enjoyed a great lunch at the third winery. After lunch you were given the option to either visit a another winery or visit a craft brewery which we chose to do. Fun way to spend a day !
The trip was a lot of fun. Snowshoe John knows a lot about the area and the history. It makes the time to the sites pass quickly. The first three wineries are definitely the best. The last three are ok. Basically sales sites for wineries not on site. But the one that pairs cheese with the wine is definitely worth the time.
Snowshoe John, our guide, was great! Informative and fun. We were a bit ahead of schedule and he gave us a mini-side trip to Hangtown with the background on the name. All in all a fun day!
Loved it! We also went last year. The only thing I wish they would change is more time at the second stop. They have a wonderful Farmers Market and would love more time. The last stop was way too long. Should switch. Other than that it was wonderful and would go again.
Our guide, Snowshoe John, was very knowledgeable and informative about the Tahoe area and the old Pony Express route and history. Our first stop, the Boeger Vineyards was beautiful, the wines were great and the day was perfect. The other two morning stops paled in comparison but were still interesting. Our guide allowed us to call an afternoon audible and we stopped at the Jack Russell Brewery for some beer tasting. GREAT beers and a lovely afternoon...great end to the trip!
Great trip! Second time we have taken this same tour. May be nice to look at mixing it up a bit as there are more wineries in that area or even extend it out longer during cooler months.