90 Minute Walking Tour of Historic Downtown St. John's
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National War Memorial, 90 Water St between Water St and Duckworth St, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C 1A4 Canada
Completed in 1924, it is still the focus of all remembrance day events today. We discuss the role men, woman and children played in the First World War, and view sights of German U-Boats from the Second World War.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, 16 Church Hill, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C 3Z9 Canada
Rebuilt following the Great Fire of 1892, it is a stunning example of neo-Gothic architecture. We will look at photos I pulled from the Provincial Archives to explore the devastation of the time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: George Street, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C 1H7 Canada
Onward from Duckworth Street to one of the most best known areas, George Street. With more bars per square foot than anywhere else in Canada.
We will visit local shops and family owned business's with an amazing past.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Patricia is a very knowledgeable guide, passionate about history of St. John’s and Newfoundland. The tour makes all those streets and buildings around you alive! At the end of the tour Patricia gives you a list of her favourite restaurants, pubs and shops. What a great list, really helped us to experience St. John’s as locals!