Living Dunes Experience from Swakopmund
Immediately at the edge of Swakopmund, you will enter a restricted area with special permission, and begin the search for all things living, most of which are nocturnal and hidden under the desert sand during the day. Without your guides, you probably wouldn't be able to spot a lot of them. However, they use their skills to locate and show these little creatures to you, offering you an experience you won't soon forget.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (no pick up at Airbnb's or private homes)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Three of us did this tour in 2016. The company called us the day of as the night before there was a large rain storm and they were worried we would not have a quality tour. We had a blast and saw quite a bit for a desert. Would recommend this trip. Swakopmund was a wonderful stop for us after getting out of Windhoek and heading up through the Skeleton Coast and then into Etosha National Park. What a country!