5-Hour Shifen Old Street Walk and Pingxi Sky Lantern Tour from Taipei
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shifen Old Street, New Taipei Taiwan
Located in the Pingxi District and near Shifen Railway Station, Shifen Old Street is built in the hills with a railway track lying in the middle. Along the street, there are many shops that sell nostalgic souvenirs, foods and snacks.
The street is best known for releasing Chinese Sky Lanterns, visitors are able to stand on the track and set off their lanterns of wishes into the sky.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shifen Waterfall, No.10 Gankeng Road, Nanshan Village, Pingxi District, New Taipei 226 Taiwan
Reputed as Taiwan’s Niagara Falls, Shifen Waterfall is the most famous cascading waterfalls on the island. If you are lucky, you might see a beautiful rainbow as it splashes into the lake.
Only 15-min walking distance from Shifen Old Street, the waterfall has become one of the most popular attractions in North Taiwan
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shifen Station, No. 51, Shifen St, New Taipei 226 Taiwan
Shifen Station is a railway station located in Pingx District New Taipei City, also the largest station on Pingxi Line. The railway line was original built for transporting coal in the early 20th Century. Ever since the government stopped the coal mining business, the railway is now serving as a tourist railway.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Admission fee and entrance ticket included in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Taipei City downtown only)
- Entry/Admission - Shifen Old Street
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
It could have been better if we stayed a little longer in our destinations, the tour was really nice especially the sky lantern experience,but I think they are little rushing. It’s not actually 5 hours tour, more like 3 hours.
Nice tour, but the bus that we rode does not have aircon.
This is a must do in Taipei very nice experience of a very old tradition
Great experience to be looking around the old town of Taiwan
The actual tour duration was a lot shorter than the advertised 5 hours as apparently a cushion is built in to allow for traffic more likely an issue on weekdays. But it was very nice - especially liked the waterfall...