Full-Day Tour: Houtong Cycling and Jiufen
Head further into SanChaoLing Village, where you can rest at the edge of the railway tunnel and watch painted trains speed past.
Next, bike to the Houtong Railway Station, passing through three tunnels on the way. Enjoy a local lunch like noodles or rice, which you can purchase at the station. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while watching hundreds of cats climb along a sky bridge. Visit Cat Village, where you can learn about why these cats have congregated here.
After cycling, visit Jiufen, where you can walk the old streets and look for souvenirs, or try local snacks. You have about an hour on your own to enjoy the city, before you're transported back to your hotel in Taipei.
- hotel(Taipei downtown) or Meet point pickup/drop-off
- Cycling guide
- Entry/Admission - Houtong Coal-Mine Ecological Park
- Food and Drink (unless specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Great day out of the city---our guide Alex of Taiwan Cycling, picked us up at 830 am, took us on a roughly 25 km bike ride around Houtong, which is an hour's drive out of Taipei...the scenery is beautiful...much of it is by the river, over old railway tracks, through an old coal mining town, and ends at Houtong, also known as Cat Village, where the tourists come for the cats kinda fun too. The afternoon was spent at the old town of Jiufen---a little toursit-y, but good for eating and buying souvenirs/gifts. Highly recommended.