Pingxi and Jiufen Day Trip from Taipei with Sky Lantern Experience
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jinguashi 13 Ruins, Ruifang Dist., New Taipei Taiwan
Learn about the history of Jinguashi
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yin Yang Sea, Shuinandong, New Taipei Taiwan
See the unique “Yin-Yang Sea” of the Shuinandong Area
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shifen Old Street, New Taipei Taiwan
Create and release sky lanterns in Shifen, watching your wishes float skyward.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gold Waterfall, Jinshui Highway, Ruifang Dist., New Taipei Taiwan
Visit the spectacular Golden Waterfall
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street), Jishan Street, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
Exploring Jiufen (lunch at guest's expense)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English guide
- Lesson in sky lantern creation (1 lantern per 2 people)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 guests. We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guest will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- Cancellations are permitted up until 48 hours before departure with a full refund. Cancellations made 48-24 hours before departure will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure are non-refundable.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Amy, our guide, was fun and relaxed and knew heaps. The tour was also relaxed, full of interesting and beautiful views. Totally worth the price.
Even the rain could not dampen the spirits of team Esther. Just a fantastic guide. Informative, jolly and really helpful information about my whole trip.
It was pretty rainy in Jiufen and we had to walk in puddles, despite having umbrellas we got soaking wet. I hoped that organizers would have different activities depending on weather conditions. Sky Lantern making/launching in Pingxi was fun though - I certainly recommend this part.
Kelly was a great guide -- providing the background and history of the places we visited. She is very funny and friendly and ensured we were all comfortable during the tour. The highlight was of course the sky lantern experience. It is something that shouldn't be missed when in Taiwan