Private Food and Market Evening Tour in Taipei
Situated in one of Taipei’s oldest sections, Ningxia Night Market offers a classic Taiwanese experience. Rub elbows with the locals as you and your guide experience the warmth and hospitality of the vendors and market community. Then dive in to several tasty snacks, depending on your preferences.
Discover the delicious flavors of pork skin, a main source of protein in Taiwan, with a plate of pork leg with rice. Slurp up some shrimp soup or sweet peanut soup, both popular choices pair well with fried taro cake or salty chicken. You’ll also find a stall catering specifically to vegetarians, where your guide can introduce you to the delights of sticky rice with mushroom or a variety of soybean selections such as marinated dry tofu.
Learn about the role that traditional markets play in the life of Taipei locals, from olden times to present day. After you’ve had your fill, your guide returns you via public transport to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Public transportation to and from market
- Local guide
- A selection of market foods to taste
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Great way to spend an evening! We all really enjoyed our time in the night market and tried everything to eat. Excellent tour for those who want to try truly local foods.
Very interesting tour through one of the night markets. We found out that stinky tofou is actually quite good tasting. And, we sampled and looked at many foods you do not see in the States.