Private Full-Day Walking and Food Tour of Taipei's Yongkang District With Michelin Star Lunch
Start your day with a stroll through Daan Forest Park, a large public green space like Central Park in New York City. Then get a glimpse of the various religions represented in the district as you walk past Holy Family Church, Taipei Grand Mosque, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the old embassy of the Holy See, and traditional Taiwanese temples.
See landmarks such as the Aota 76 building, and check out the eateries, cafes, shops, and people as your meander through Jinghua St, Yongkang St, Lishui St, and Yongkang Park. Your guide shares some sights and history of Taipei when it was under Japanese rule from 1895 to 1945.
Yongkang is known for its great food, including the world famous Din Tai Fung dumpling restaurant chain that started there and now has dozens of branches in 11 countries. Your guide shows you a number of renowned restaurants, and smaller shops that serve up favorites such as mango shaved ice and traditional Chinese tea.
Your tour includes lunch at Din Tai Fung, and plenty of time to shop and sample other dishes throughout this dynamic district. With a private guide, you can personalize the itinerary to spend more time at the places that most interest you.
At the end of seven hours, your tour finishes at the MRT Dongmen Station.
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Daan Forest Park
- Entry/Admission - Taipei Yong Kang Park
- Entry/Admission - Holy Family Church Taipei
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Great way to see the city from a local point of view. Wonderful food and tour. Mike was a great guide and made sure we got on the right train to take us back to the cruise terminal in Keelung. We highly recommend this tour for a personalized experience.